Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
True story--So, I'm in my office plugging away at some serious paperwork and one of my colleagues knocks at my door and walks away. By the time I get to my door she's already walked across the hallway. I say, "What's up?" She stops for a moment without looking around. Then she slowly turns around with a Jim Carey look on her face. I'm thinking to myself, Geez, what the hell do you need help with now? But on the outside I'm smiling.

She says: "Umm, I hit your car." I almost instinctively rabbit punched her in the gutt because I'm thinking to myself the whole front end of my X5 is about as flimsy as the wing of an ultralight glider. Immediately visual images flash before my eyes of the whole fender hanging to the ground hanging by one rivet. "How the hell did you hit a parked car?" I said. I'm the kind of guy that slowly builds up with anger as time goes by--And there's plenty of time for the anger to build on the walk into the parking lot. So, we're finally approaching the car and I'm looking....and looking....and looking. She says: "There it is," and points at the side of the front bumper. I'm like: "Where?" And she's like, "RIGHT THERE!" I look and there's only like a couple skid marks. I dust it away and there's not one scratch. Not even a bruise to the paint job. See for yourself below:

We walk around to her car and I take a look--What you see below is the actual damage to her 2012 Nissan Altima below. "Wha...how?" I say. It just didn't make logical sense. Her bumper is partly cracked in half and permanently pushed in. Even if you push it back out the paint is wrinkled and cracked. She's going to have to get a whole new bumper. She's like: "What do I do?" I told her to just call her insurance company and tell them you hit a dog on the way to work. What I originally thought to be a design flaw on BMW turned out to be ingenious. Much better to easily flex and give almost like the body panel on a NASCAR race car rather than try to absorb the impact and fail.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
lol, wow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts