Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BMW is recalling 38,000 BMW 1-Series cars manufactured for 2008–2011 due to a potential fire hazard involving the insulation around the front pre-tensioner. No remedy has been announced nor has an owners’ notification schedule has but put into place. Owners may contact BMW directly for more information at 1-800-525-7417.

[via SaferCar.gov]

Provided by duPont REGISTRY

More...

·
Registered
4 Posts
In accordance with the requirements of the "Regulations on the Administration of Recalls of Defective Automobile Products" and the "Implementation Measures of the Regulations on the Administration of Recalls of Defective Automobile Products," BMW has filed a recall plan with the State Administration of Market Supervision and Administration. 29,871 vehicles have been recalled from today.
BMW 1 Series
BMW (China) Automobile Trading Co., Ltd. recalled some imported X5 cars produced between October 22, 2018 and October 29, 2018, totaling 8 vehicles.
BMW X5
Some domestically produced Brilliance BMW 118i, 120i, 125i and X1 cars produced from October 17, 2018 to January 21, 2019 were caused by excessive cooling lubricant sticking to the fastening nuts of the taillights during the supplier’s production process. The cooling lubricant penetrates into the plastic bracket of the taillight and makes it brittle, which may cause the bracket to break and the taillight to fall off the vehicle, posing safety risks.
Due to assembly errors in some imported X5 cars produced from October 22, 2018 to October 29, 2018, the bolts between the left front seat and the bottom plate and the bolts that secure the seat belt to the left front seat may not follow the standard torque Tightening reduces the protective effect of seat belts and seats on occupants in vehicle collision accidents, which poses safety hazards.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts