Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I went down to my first BMWCCA Oktoberfest. Honestly, even though a member, like many of us of in BMWCCA I never participated in anything related to the club (other than reading Roundel). Originally this event was not the primary purpose of my trip, as I was going to do an end of summer cruise all down the east coast and Florida for 18 or so days. Sadly for a variety of reasons I had to cut it down to only 10 days and this became the main event. As such I went down not knowing what to expect, and came back very happy with some great stories and new friends.

Although demographically a somewhat different crowd than I am used to (the majority were couples in their 30s-50s), they are no different in their love of performance, detailing, and (even) letting it rip on public roads than the crowd I am used to, that is people on this and the M3 forums I belong to. I will say though that these people are pure BMW enthusiasts - many never sell/trade in their old BMWs, they just buy a new one and keep a stable going - works out to there being a great number of 1600s, 2002s, all the way up through E30s in original owner mint condition. There is also an unbelievable wealth of knowledge at these events, spanning from the previously mentioned classics all the way up to the new E9xs.

The event was based out of the resort on Lake Lanier Islands (very nice venue), where the vast majority of the participants stayed. It was a nice venue and they were very hospitable to us - even set up (in combination with Griots) a place to wash and clean the cars.

I look forward to future Oktoberfests and hope to be able to make it out to next year's (its in Wisconsin...). Definitely recommend it if you have a week off and are located close to the event. Below a few random shots from the event and my trip in general (I can never figure how to put them inline so they are attached).

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also made a video of my time on the Cherohala Skyway and Tail of the Dragon. I missed the Dragon during the day and got some night footage. Honestly this was the first time I ever used the camera (a Hero GoPro wideangle - I bought it earlier that day and rushed it on), as well as being the first video I have ever created period, so excuse its general notsogoodness.

·
Registered
200 Posts
got a vid with the just the exhaust sound? did the dragon in june with an e60M5 and some e46's and a vette. loved the sound of that v10 off the canyon walls...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts