Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday morning met up with fellow members Fookie and TMAC at Cars & Coffee, afterwards we decided to take advantage of the beautiful clear fall weather and do an impromtu photoshoot of both TMAC's M5 and fellow member JVproM6's M6..

This was my first real car photoshoot and i know i have alot to learn, so please feel free to critique everything about the photos.. When it came to editing, the fall colors were more of an inspiration.. I just wanted to try something different..

Thanks to Troy and Julius for the invite and for letting me shoot both of their amazing machines.

Enjoy everyone!!!

(Click on all photos to view larger)

BMW M5 Front by Danilo.Lewis|Fotography, on Flickr

BMW M5 by Danilo.Lewis|Fotography, on Flickr

BMW M5 by Danilo.Lewis|Fotography, on Flickr

BMW M5 Moving by Danilo.Lewis|Fotography, on Flickr

BMW M5 Front by Danilo.Lewis|Fotography, on Flickr

Troy & His BMW M5 by Danilo.Lewis|Fotography, on Flickr

BMW M5 Rear by Danilo.Lewis|Fotography, on Flickr

BMW M5 Profile by Danilo.Lewis|Fotography, on Flickr

BMW M5 Rear by Danilo.Lewis|Fotography, on Flickr

BMW M6 & M5 by Danilo.Lewis|Fotography, on Flickr

BMW M6 & M5 Fronts by Danilo.Lewis|Fotography, on Flickr

BMW M6 & M5 Low by Danilo.Lewis|Fotography, on Flickr

BMW M6 Side by Danilo.Lewis|Fotography, on Flickr

BMW M5 Reflection by Danilo.Lewis|Fotography, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
this is a great first full shoot and I like the color profile, but I'd have to say it seems a little too exaggerated in some of the photos. Maybe tone back the reds and bring more focus to the cars themselves.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is a great first full shoot and I like the color profile, but I'd have to say it seems a little too exaggerated in some of the photos. Maybe tone back the reds and bring more focus to the cars themselves.
Yea i was having issues deciding how to balance the red and warmity of the shots.. Will pay more attention to that detail, Thanks man! :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
This was lots of fun Danilo. The pictures turned out great. Thanks for hanging out and for posting these up!

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I'm digging these!

Troy's car isn't too shabby either lol I <3 me some M5 goodness!

I can happily help you out with the saturation issue if you want. If you're interested, feel free to send me a few high res (unedited) photos that you particularly like from the set and I can do a quick photo edit for you (Before and after) and hopefully resolve any issues or questions you have.

Keep it up! :) Us photographers gotta stick together lol

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanks Chris, I am loving my new car.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
That was a fun morning, guys. Thanks for including me! I love photography and mostly shoot landscapes and people, so this was also my first shot at cars (and any serious editing). I told my wife later on that it was so different and honestly a little out of my comfort zone. You'd think since I have a passion for both cars and photography that it would come easily together for me! It was a blast and I can't wait for more practice!

D: Your shots are great! I also had a hard time trying to balance the reds in my photos as well. The colors were just unreal and almost looked fake (even though they were so vibrant in person). I found myself using antique effects to tone it down a bit. I also had a hard time with the really dark M6, the really light M5, and the really bright leaves when they were all in one frame.

Chris: I've always been a fan of your work and to find out that you, Troy and DL are friends was cool. I'm just a novice starting out, but I'm glad I have the support on L4P!

·
Registered
249 Posts
That was a fun morning, guys. Thanks for including me! I love photography and mostly shoot landscapes and people, so this was also my first shot at cars (and any serious editing). I told my wife later on that it was so different and honestly a little out of my comfort zone. You'd think since I have a passion for both cars and photography that it would come easily together for me! It was a blast and I can't wait for more practice!

D: Your shots are great! I also had a hard time trying to balance the reds in my photos as well. The colors were just unreal and almost looked fake (even though they were so vibrant in person). I found myself using antique effects to tone it down a bit. I also had a hard time with the really dark M6, the really light M5, and the really bright leaves when they were all in one frame.

Chris: I've always been a fan of your work and to find out that you, Troy and DL are friends was cool. I'm just a novice starting out, but I'm glad I have the support on L4P!
Fookie, as always it was great hanging out with you. I too had issues with a lot of the coloring but it was a fun. :D

·
Registered
592 Posts
The yellow is a tad exaggerated, but it's not that bad for a first go. Keep it up!

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone for the comments and critiques!

I'm digging these!

Troy's car isn't too shabby either lol I <3 me some M5 goodness!

I can happily help you out with the saturation issue if you want. If you're interested, feel free to send me a few high res (unedited) photos that you particularly like from the set and I can do a quick photo edit for you (Before and after) and hopefully resolve any issues or questions you have.

Keep it up! :) Us photographers gotta stick together lol
Thanks Chris, will do!!

Fookie thanks bro! we def gotta do this again!!! :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanks everyone for the comments and critiques!

Thanks Chris, will do!!

Fookie thanks bro! we def gotta do this again!!! :D
I totally agree. Just name the time and place. I would like to bring out my S4 too :D

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I totally agree. Just name the time and place. I would like to bring out my S4 too :D
When is that bad boy out of the shop?? Im gonna scout some locations and plan it out with fookie aswell. I think there might be some great places near him.

·
Registered
249 Posts
When is that bad boy out of the shop?? Im gonna scout some locations and plan it out with fookie aswell. I think there might be some great places near him.
I got the S4 back on Monday of last week. I just need to go through the car and clean her all up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts