Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the LED headlight option worth it for a 4 series? It replaces the bi-xenon headlamps, and also gives you LED turn signals instead of amber incandescent bulbs. Its a $2000 or so option...

·
Registered
869 Posts
It is a hard thing to quantify as 'worth it' or 'not worth it'.... If you like the look of the LED's then I would suggest shelling out the $2,000. If not, then it isn't worth it...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I think the look of the full LED headlights make them worth it. I haven't seen them side by side with xenons at night, so I don't really know how much better the output is.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
LED headlamps are very clear, even, and bright. Plus they look stunning. If you are looking at what's on a lot then they'd be cool to have, else they're not necessary since the other lighted elements are LEDS and BMW do a good job with their HIDs; if you're building one and don't mind their cost, then sure.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the look of the full LED headlights make them worth it. I haven't seen them side by side with xenons at night, so I don't really know how much better the output is.
As a matter of fact I did visit the BMW sales person I'm working with and they happened to have 2x 428 coupes, one with LED and one with Bi-Xenons and even he was surprised at the difference in the contrast. It was 7:30 pm and that's pretty dark out here at that time. The cars were parked in the same direction a few cars between them (say 40 feet apart), so it was easy to spot the differences immediately.

The LED high beams were BRIGHT. I'd say more white than blue. Front turn signals are also LED and much more brighter as they are LED instead of incandescent bulbs.

The bi-xenons in contrast were bright but only the inner two "eyes" are lit up, where as the LED, all 4 light up at high beam.

The rear lights are the exact same - 2 red LED streaks.

Between this and the M Performance Package II (exhaust and power chip), I'd take the lights as I could use better light in 4 months of the year when the sun sets at 5 pm, versus 330 HP over the stock 300.

Case closed! For now!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts