Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up my 335iS in Munich in February, and will have it for two weeks. BMW provides a tour of their museum and assembly plant while we are there. Here's some other stuff planned:

• Porsche Museum in Stuttgart
  • Meilen Werk/V8 Hotel
  • The 'Ring (on snow tires!!)
  • Stelvio Pass, weather permitting
  • Black Forest/Castles
  • Maranello/Ferrari
  • Venice
I'm trying to line up tours at the Paulaner and/or Spaten breweries while in Munich. Also contemplating a run to Belgium to tour a trappist brewery, but most seem to be far in the western part of Belgium.

Appreciate any suggestions from members for other activities or must-see locations/drives.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
may be a drive to salzburg and vienna. the scenary is nice through the woods.

if you do go south, i'd hit zurich, milan, florence venice, nice.

what are the routes that BMW recommend?

i would avoid staying in munich for too long. boring and the food is not all that great. museums are cool though.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... We are minimizing time in Munich to only what is required for crashing after we arrive and taking delivery of the car.

The BMW recommended routes are mostly centered around castles (Romantic Road) and other "touristy" things. While we certainly want to see some of that, the idea of driving around tour buses the whole time is not appealing. Being someone that appreciates classical music, I've suggested Salzburg and Vienna but my wife finds those boring. :( Since there is a solid 4+ days of "car guy" stuff on the itinerary already, I need to be accommodating. LOL

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats on your ED in Feb! Are you a member for Bimmerfest? You can find a very comprehensive forum for just Euro Deliveries at the Welt.
Yep, on Bimmerfest and learning a ton over there. Already have winter tires reserved, and Rolf is picking us up from the airport. :)

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Don't go to Belgium or Poland, roads are terrible. Not much to do in the Netherlands either. I'd suggest Germany / south France / Italy, somewhere along those regions. Definitely through the Alps if you can.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Generally speaking, you can at least get 7% off most models (the ones built in the US don't qualify - X3, X5, X6). You can often times get more than that off if you can negotiate, though many sales advisors have no idea what their doing when doing a European Delivery. Additionally, you can get your car redelivered in SC and do a 1-day performance driving course if you choose.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^ Correct. I negotiated mine to Euro invoice pricing, plus a reasonable profit for the dealer. It helped that we just traded for a new 328 touring for the wife and had bought from this particular dealer in the past. I've read that ///M cars are a bit different - something to due with dealer allocation.

Even if you went in intending to pay sticker, doing ED will see about a $3k savings, which in essence pays for the trip overseas. I'm also doing the Performance delivery in SC, as they offered me an additional day of performance school there as part of the owner loyalty incentives at end of year. Also helps that Tail of the Dragon is on the way home from SC. :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Small unrelated Q; are you buying the new 3-series or are you getting the E9*?
E92. The new generation coupes won't be available in the US until the 2013 model year, and then the M3 sometime after that. I'd love to have an M3 but they lose too much power up here at elevation. I've got my eye on the next-gen M3 with the triple turbo - the iS will hopefully tide me over. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts