Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... BADASS!!!!!

YES! That is a LCD display on the fob! :bitenails:

The traditional key fob, or even newer iterations, are out the window and the high-tech i8 key is in. It comes with a high-resolution LCD display programmed to show some of the most relevant information in relation to the i8 hybrid sportscar. The i8 key fob displays the charge level, the range before recharging/refueling, the time it was charged, and whether the key is connected to the vehicle or not.

BMW seems to have learned something from Apple and Android-based phones, and the little key fob acts like a mini smartphone with re-programmable functions. As one can expect, the BMW i8 key fob won’t be cheap and a replacement will most likely set you back at least $1,000. Gulp.

The i8 goes on sale in Spring 2014 with a base price of $135,925.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Drive the i3 yesterday and it's a pretty cool little car! Wish te battery had a longer range though..

Key wadnt as cool as that either lol

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I thought you were going to say implanted under your skin- I'm now a little disappointed. very cool nonetheless

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
i'm not sure i'm following the purpose of all the innovation into the key--which normally would stay in the pocket of a car like this. if it's supposed to be for diagnositic/informative purpose, why not make an app for the phone/tablet/computer that can advise the driver of any needs?

i'm waiting for the car that can biometrically recognize me without having to have any key in my pocket. this stuff? high cost vs low utility.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Its kind of sad that there will not be used cars in a few years because of all this disposable tech. No one is going to be able to afford to keep these types of cars going after the warrenty expires.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts