Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
wow. Much better than I thought it would be. I am very impressed. Whats pricing looking like?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Love it.

My next car will be a 1, preferably a 135i hard top with mods, but If I could wait a bit and pick this up I'd be happy.

Interesting that they didn't go with the N55 motor....at least to me.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
I am disappointed. This car should have an atmo I6 instead of the turbo6 that is in it now. M GmbH should have tweaked the I6 that is in the 130i, with an 8k rev limiter, that type of work. And wity this car being almost as heavy as an M3 the only direct advantage I see now is the shorter wheelbase. Of course with a little work you can probably add at least 80 horses to this one, but as the standard car, they should have named this as the 135 tii for example, not an M.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am disappointed. This car should have an atmo I6 instead of the turbo6 that is in it now. M GmbH should have tweaked the I6 that is in the 130i, with an 8k rev limiter, that type of work. And wity this car being almost as heavy as an M3 the only direct advantage I see now is the shorter wheelbase. Of course with a little work you can probably add at least 80 horses to this one, but as the standard car, they should have named this as the 135 tii for example, not an M.
All of the 2012/2013 //M's are turbos, thats why they went with this. If you GIAC chip, and put a new exhaust in, this will make 400HP and be 400lbs less than the M3.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
haha, i love how the badge just says M... this car is sweet but can't take the name from the real M1... i like it

·
Registered
621 Posts
This is badass. You could make this thing into a nice little racecar with some mods!

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
over on 1addicts a good BMW Source "Scott" has stated that production will not be limited, he's been spot on w/ previous information regarding the M3's and other BMW info...

·
Registered
622 Posts
All of the 2012/2013 //M's are turbos, thats why they went with this. If you GIAC chip, and put a new exhaust in, this will make 400HP and be 400lbs less than the M3.
Its all of this green crap... They want the cars to get better gas milage so a V8 turbo is better than a V10... For example the M5 (new is a V8 TT and the old one is a V10)...

I think BMW didn't think to far ahead the 135i that im driving should have been a 4 cinder TT (Twin turbo)... The M is a straight 6 TT... the same as the M???? Opps BMW... it has 35 Hp more than my 135i...

I don't track my car so no biggy... But I love the front end.... :clap:

The back bumper reminds me of a Hyundai....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts