Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's another 2011 Jag XJL Supercharged dropped off to our sunset location to give it the platinum touch. The previous two we have already done were white and we did the complete black out on all the chrome trim, wheels, grills etc.

This particular build will be the front grills being blacked out and the wheels for stage 1. The customer is not sure on what he wants to do with the rest of the trim because he likes the black look, but also wants some luxury appeal with the fine chrome trim in certain areas.

Will post the stage 1 images soon as we are done and the L4P fam thoughts would be highly appreciated.

Heres the stock images for now...

624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE: Stage 1 Complete

- Wheels in our High Gloss Black Finish
- Front Grills and Lower Mouldings in our High Gloss Black Finish
- Rear Jag Emblem in High Gloss Black (shaved off the "xjl" emblems)

L4P FAM - Thoughts on blacking out all the rest of the chrome or does it still keep somewhat of a luxurious look with leaving the side trims as is? Our client needs your feed back.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Damn sexy!!! I would black it.... Every one knows this car is classy/luxury dont need some chrome bits to prove it!

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
If you're still looking for input on the chrome...go flat with the chrome, possibly a flat blueish-grey (gun metal). Light contrast, adds some character.

I could see flat white working on the chrome bits as well.

I think the best option would be giving them, somehow, a brushed finish would really set it off.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
If you're still looking for input on the chrome...go flat with the chrome, possibly a flat blueish-grey (gun metal). Light contrast, adds some character.

I think the best option would be giving them, somehow, a brushed finish would really set it off.
this +1

car looks great! the platinum touch works every time.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Just an awesome car! Loved the one I drove.

·
Banned
3,200 Posts

this +2

Either way, great looking car from the get go and with your touch, it's even better. Good work.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts