Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wanted to ask any of the CrackBerry owners on the 4 who have the Bold 9900 how they find it.

I've been using the Bold 9800 for the past 2 years and my phone plans come up for renewal so I was thinking of upgrading to the 9900. Anyone else have this phone and how do you like/hate it?

Before anyone suggests it... I love apple products (own a Mac Book Pro and iPod Touch &Nano) however I don't think i would ever get an iPhone.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Because you didn't mention it either, why not go the Android route? You got a lot of great phones you can actually choose! I don't know how people nowadays can continue using Blackberries! IMO, they're outdated and the number of apps available for them is pretty limited!

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
if you dont have to change it dont... i had a 9800 and just got a 9900...

pros:
crystal clear camera..
really high resolution screen compared to the 9800..
really fast compared to a 9800

cons:
phone crashes quite often..
internet is really slow even though its 4g..
touch screen is finicky.. screen clicks itself sometimes
lack of apps..

bottomline.. if the iphone is an option, get it

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Had the 9900 since September. Love everything about it but I'm very biased to BB. I've had mine get all slow and touch screen didn't work 3 times now. But thats fine with me I don't rage out much at electronics. I'll never go Iphone or most of the big touch screen stuff simply because my phone along with 80% of my wardrobe has to be work-worthy. If it can't take a beating its useless to me.

9900+Otterbox I'm good.
I don't use apps or the net on this one but I'm about to get the 9800 back online for a business phone.

I'll still rock a BB over anything else, but it depends on how you use your phones.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I have a BB style and a playbook. Playbook is awesome! But BB needs to step up their game when it comes to phones. If they don't come out with something to whoo me by Xmas, I'm going android.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll still rock a BB over anything else, but it depends on how you use your phones.
Thats the same for me. Personally i'm not a fan of games and apps on my phone (calls/texts/emails and thats it). BB email i've found is amazingly easy and quick to use. The full keypad makes emails and breeze to reply to.

Still tossing up over keeping my current 9800 and going onto a new plan (one that is flexible is changing the plan amount as when I go overseas for months at a time I would like to just get a Euro sim) or getting the newer 9900 on a plan :bitenails:

·
Registered
343 Posts
get the 9790

smaller bold, better camera and still touch screen

·
Registered
343 Posts
Everyone around me is starting to get iPhones and some even Androids. However, I am also attached to my BlackBerry.

Listen, the iPhone is great ...the apps are incredible and endless to say the least. However, I need a phone that can easily make calls, send texts and emails. And truth be told, the iPhone is a toy first and a phone second. The BlackBerry is a phone first and a toy second.

So for the time being, I am def sticking to the Blackberry!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Everyone around me is starting to get iPhones and some even Androids. However, I am also attached to my BlackBerry.

Listen, the iPhone is great ...the apps are incredible and endless to say the least. However, I need a phone that can easily make calls, send texts and emails. And truth be told, the iPhone is a toy first and a phone second. The BlackBerry is a phone first and a toy second.

So for the time being, I am def sticking to the Blackberry!
Agreed 100%

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm still loyal to my blackberry. I've tried going android a few times actually but I always come back. I need tools not toys !! Haha

I have the 9930 and aside from the camera not being as good as previous bb's (bad for closeup shots but better for basically all other situations) it's the best blackberry to date.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
My contract comes up in July and I might be leaving BB behind. I have 9800 and it's just too slow if I need to use the browser. Even wifi sucks.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My contract comes up in July and I might be leaving BB behind. I have 9800 and it's just too slow if I need to use the browser. Even wifi sucks.
Noticed that on my old 9800 as well. 9900 is heaps better and the touch screen helps a lot when scrolling up and down on pages.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
My first smartphone was a BB. Had many variation of curves over the years. I'm using the Torch as my current phone. I agree, that BB does lack apps and games, which I hardly use on my phone. I do text/email a lot, so I love the qwerty keyboard compared to the touchscreen of the iphones.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Noticed that on my old 9800 as well. 9900 is heaps better and the touch screen helps a lot when scrolling up and down on pages.
I barely ever use the browser except when truly needed as my phone is basically for email. The phone is so slow that I would rather drive around and find a Starbucks with wifi so I could use my iPod touch if I needed to look anything up. Not sure if I'll take the risk with BB when the time comes to get a new one. They may have lost me forever.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I have a 9700 and 9900

9700 received a drunken toss across a field so the speaker for music is static, but I put a case on it and use it as a business phone
9900 is personal and answering emails.

I don't like full touch screen phones so no matter what cutey fruit apps and crap people have I'm loyal to blackberry. Unless they screw up operating systems or something.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I LOVE my blackberry, ive had all of them since the first 9100 pearl. I had a 9780 until someone stole it about a month ago some im back to my 8900 which is BRUTAL, i hate the trackball with a passion. Im waiting for a good deal on a 9900 to come around. Im not big into apps or playing games, i use it for email and as a phone. I have a ipod touch if a need to download something.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts