Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me get this out of the way - I do have an iPhone 4 with Verizon and do have a good amount of Apple products.

However, when its all said and done I do like Blackberry a lot. I have had ALOT of Blackberrys in my life (especially because of Bloomberg) and each one just didn't feel that great except the 9000 which was my favorite by far. They also seem like they are trailing the group though, so that is why I have been adverse of going back, however until I saw this.

It is not a revolutionary device, but I am very interested in this:

Seems like we have a good amount of tech/phone geeks in this forum. What are your opinions?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm also very anxious for this. The touchscreen capabilities are very cool...it's about time to have a capable "touchscreen" BB. I currently have a Bold 9700 and like it ok, it freezes so much I should knit a tiny little sweater for the bastard though!

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
the hardware has always been nice but the software is just lacking and is behind the times of todays smartphone race.

i liked this review of it: BlackBerry Bold 9930 review | This is my next...

. In my testing, I couldn’t find a single situation in which I felt like the Bold would outperform an Android, Windows Phone, webOS, or iOS device.

·
Registered
827 Posts
for verizon- i ordered online and got the 9930 today. ditched my iphone and older bold. love it

stores wont have it for another week.. att maybe end of month

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
just saw the 9900 will be $350 on tmobile, thats hilarious.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I'm very interested in this phone, may wait to see what Apples announcement is next month regarding iPhone 4s/5 before making a decision.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'll always keep both an iPhone and Blackberry. But BB is my #1 Choice.
Blackberry Bold: Sunday Evening through Friday Afternoon
2 Android Phones or Moto Aura: Friday Afternoon till Sunday Night

I will be buying the Bold 9900 the moment it's out for AT&T. Like two weeks or so...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looking forward to picking this up shortly.

I'll probably wait a month or so incase they find any issues or faults and then place my order.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
for verizon- i ordered online and got the 9930 today. ditched my iphone and older bold. love it

stores wont have it for another week.. att maybe end of month
VZ stores have them. My iPhone froze today (my fault in honesty, trying to push it with the betas), but while I was in VZ I found it....which leads me to my next thing.....

Jim Balsillie and Mike Lazaridis - you boys have money so you may be on L4P, but let me give you some tips:

When you are trying to bring back the company and compete with the iPhones and Androids you do yourself NO FAVORS by hiding a brand new flagship phone in the back of the corner of the store with absolutely NO MARKETING OR ADVERTISING ADS. I had to search for the phone and had to walk all the way in the back of the store PAST the iPhone and Android displays. Listen gentlemen, get your sh*t figured out because your killing a brand I am all about.

I sat there and started to talk to the sales representative and was like "why is this in the back of the store with no marketing ads or anything showing its released". He started laughing and said "we all are wondering the same thing..."

·
Registered
203 Posts
Got it the first day it came out. Overall, an incredible phone. Unfortunately, I got a 'JVM Error 517' error message yesterday. Waiting for my replacement.

·
Registered
121 Posts
....except the 9000 which was my favorite by far...
Totally agree here. My iPhone recently started having battery issues, and I've been using my old 9000 until I can get it fixed, and I don't feel like I'm stepping backwards much at all. Such a nice phone.

As for the new one, I've only played with it at the Verizon store, but it feels pretty good on first impressions... The touch screen is the best I've seen form any BB to date, that's for sure...

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
My wife and I have been waiting for this revision. She has the original Bold 9000 on GSM and I have a Tour/Bold on CDMA, but we're looking to replace them soon. It's just what the doctor ordered!

We've been BB users since the early 2000's and have a hard time giving up a physical keyboard and excellent enterprise integration.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'm using the bold 9780 currently but I'll wait for atleast a month and see what faults or issues it brings which I doubt.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts