Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know nothing about them but my wife has informed me that she wants one. Black Diamond Ring.

Where can I get one?

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Black diamonds are usually just dyed lower quality white diamonds, at least all the David Yurman black diamonds are...and they mostly use black diamonds in their men's collection.

Does she want a solitaire black diamond ring?

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
You can contact DrivenAgain (Gems by J. Wade)...he's a sponsor here, and seems very well respected.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Black diamonds are usually just dyed lower quality white diamonds, at least all the David Yurman black diamonds are...and they mostly use black diamonds in their men's collection.

Does she want a solitaire black diamond ring?
I think so.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
^^ Has she seen one in person? They aren't very shiny like a regular diamond - the facets reflect, but they are flat, they don't have the 'fire' that a white diamond has. They are just slightly shinier than onyx, but far more expensive.
Check the Yurman website, just so you have an idea of what they look like.

and agreed about J.Wade, the sponsor - all the items he's posted have been fabulous.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Honestly the look like shit for lack of a better word she will be very disappointed with the look. Chocolate Diamonds look a lot classier. With a white halo the diamond looks fantastic.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I know nothing about them but my wife has informed me that she wants one. Black Diamond Ring.

Where can I get one?
My gf asked for black diamond earing studs for xmas so I did some research and once I found out how cheap they were I was happy to oblige :D

·
Registered
622 Posts
Sorry to tell you this but Black diamonds are some of the lowest quality diamonds... You will never get a shine like this...(A pic of a 14k white gold 2.50 Diamond cross that a friend/ family jeweler made for me)... The black diamond thing is a fad.... High grade colorless diamonds will be around forever...

Attachments

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JWade came through for me and the wife was pleased. I'll try to get some live shots.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Take no offense to this I'm just learning, and could be completely wrong.

Are black diamonds the "type" used in power tool cutting/grinding attachments? I've always learned the clearer the diamond the better, until I fell in love with a canary diamond that I incorporated into my girls necklace.

Anyhow the stuff J.Wade puts out is jaw dropping and the above ring is no exception.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Take no offense to this I'm just learning, and could be completely wrong.

Are black diamonds the "type" used in power tool cutting/grinding attachments? I've always learned the clearer the diamond the better, until I fell in love with a canary diamond that I incorporated into my girls necklace.

Anyhow the stuff J.Wade puts out is jaw dropping and the above ring is no exception.
Eager to see the answer to this as well. =)

·
Registered
633 Posts
Personally if she wants something black I prefer black coral...Bernard K Passman stuff is nice and it is a lot rarer IMO. It is special and wouldn't go out of "style" like the black diamond stuff...just my .02

·
Silver Sponsor
803 Posts
Are black diamonds the "type" used in power tool cutting/grinding attachments?
No, what you are describing are industrial quality diamonds.

JWade came through for me and the wife was pleased. I'll try to get some live shots.
I'm glad she was happy Rex. Post up some pics when you get a chance.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Thanks for the clarification J!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts