Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eike Batista, the Brazilian billionaire whose wealth shrank more than $27 billion since early last year, put one of his private jets on sale as the tycoon cuts costs and divests assets.

The Embraer Legacy 600, registration number PR-AVX, is listed for sale on aviation publication Controller. The plane’s interior features antique nickel plating and taupe carpets, wicker-colored leather seats and cabinetry finished in satin, according to the listing, which didn’t give an asking price.

Batista is selling stakes in his companies and scaling back projects after missed operational and financial targets triggered a selloff that cost him the mantle of Brazil’s richest person. Oil unit OGX Petroleo & Gas Participacoes SA may need to raise $1 billion from Batista through a put option to cover spending next year, Standard & Poor’s said last month while cutting the company’s credit rating to B- from B.

EBX Group Co., the holding company for most of Batista’s assets, and Avjet Trading Inc., the company given as contact on the posting, both declined to comment.

The plane, manufactured in 2008, totaled 1,419 hours of flying, according to Controller’s website. The aircraft seats 13 passengers and includes a conference and dining area, a three-place divan and a fully equipped galley, it said.

Embraer SA (EMBR3), Brazil’s biggest aircraft maker, delivered over 200 Legacy 600 and 650 planes, which can fly non-stop from Hamburg to Dubai. The plane has a listing price of $26 million, according to Embraer. Batista wants to sell the jet quickly and has an asking price of $14 million, Veja magazine reported May 18, without saying where it got the information.

Brazil’s richest person when his wealth peaked at $34.5 billion in March last year, Batista is now worth $6.8 billion on the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, making him the world’s 191st richest individual.

Bloomberg
Here:

Controller

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Did I read that right? Lost 27 billion in a year... Crazy bad investments.

Sent from Droid Farm

·
Registered
913 Posts
Batista is now worth $6.8 billion on the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, making him the world’s 191st richest individual.
I honestly did not know there were THAT many billionaires out there... Oh well, sucks to be him.

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Take a look at the signature.

Its the truth man.

If it floats, flys or fucks. RENT IT! No reason to tie up capital like that, you won't see any real ROI unless your flying every single day.

·
1,597 Posts
I read an article where he stated that he wanted to be the richest billionaire ever! Perhaps this is his reason for losing the $27 B. IMHO: I found the statement a bit trite -- I'd be happy w/ the whatever billion amount it was. He may get antsy to get it back and be a bit hot-headed right now. Hopefully, it's a lesson he is learning.

·
Registered
874 Posts
He actually lost 23 billion in 3 months.

He "fooled" a lot of investors about his business and didn't delivery what he promised. He is "full of crap"...

But we have other big guys coming... Jorge Paulo Lemann with 19,8 billion (he owns burger king and heinz ketchup) and another 70 billionaires!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Anddddd he's still worth nearly $7B. If he did nothing but put it in a bank, he could live more than comfortably off that (and the interest) for the rest of his life.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts