Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After reading the full article myself, I noticed it was $70 million. Not $1 billion. Oh well. Cool looking place nonetheless.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Build cost = $70M
Real Estate increase in Mumbai = 15 times
Expected market value = $1.05B

Honestly I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that because the market when up 15 times that this place is worth $1B. It's worth the price that someone else is willing to pay so the question is; is there someone else on Earth willing to pay $1B for this home?

... a floor dedicated to servicing your cars is tempting though....:)

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
You could say it was a 10bn house.....
It doesn't mean shit until you get someone to PAY your 'evaluated' price.
Your house is worth *only* what the market will bare. And I'm pretty confident there aren't people beating the door down to pay 1bn for it.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but building a shrine to decadence in one of the poorest places in the world strikes me a little as tacky. I know there's amazing amounts of wealth in SE Asia, but I personally would have built something more understated from the exterior (we had a pretty sick mansion in Africa, and you could see nothing but brick from the street), It's just asking for someone to come and **** shit up in that place...

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Build cost = $70M
Real Estate increase in Mumbai = 15 times
Expected market value = $1.05B

Honestly I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that because the market when up 15 times that this place is worth $1B. It's worth the price that someone else is willing to pay so the question is; is there someone else on Earth willing to pay $1B for this home?

... a floor dedicated to servicing your cars is tempting though....:)
+1

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
definitely a good clearup on the build price vs "expected market value" Sure there are a handful of houses on the world market "worth" 100+ million dollars but no one is paying to buy them.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Doubt it, they'll get slightly over what it cost to build.

My guess is that anybody who's got the money for a $1B house is smart and business savvy enough to see that they're paying 15x's more than what they should. If they want that or something along those lines, just go build your own and save $980,000,000 in the process

That on top of the fact that its in f*cking Mumbai... I wouldnt hold my breath waiting for a 10 figure bid

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't where you guys are getting $70mil from.. Forbes reported not too long ago that even though he originally planned so spend $1 billion, the cost is actually nearing 2 billion.

Maybe someone mixed up the part of the article that states "The only remotely comparable high-rise property currently on the market is the $70 million triplex penthouse at the Pierre Hotel in New York"

·
Registered
5,540 Posts

·
L4P Automotive Correspondent
4,100 Posts
shoulda stopped building after that first square section of the home.
those mid to top stories look like an eyesore imo

1 - 20 of 24 Posts