Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Billetproof Florida
March 21, 2009
Big Daddy Don Garlits Drag Racing Museum
13700 SW 16th Ave
Ocala, Florida, 34473

Billetproof is a traditional style hot rod and custom show, featuring 1964 and prior Hot Rods, Kustoms, Choppers, Bobbers, Jalopies, Sleds and Competition Cars. No billet clad fluff rods, just hot rods made the way the used to be.

SPECTATORS ARE FREE

If you have never been in Big Daddy's Museum I strongly advise you to check it out. AMAZING collection of drag cars and classics. He has some of the rarest hot rod speed parts in the world in his "Engine Room". (there is a fee for Museum entry... but I have nothing to do with that part of it...thats all Big Daddy).

come on out and enjoy a day of with fellow gear heads on Big Daddy's lawn. Last year he brought out Swamp Rat 8 and fired up the nitro burning Hemi to the delight of the crowd. We had over 500 cars on display and will have more this year. Several bands play, there is a model car contest and make-and-take models for the kids (free) and good food vendors on site.

you can see some pics from last years show here:

Billetproof Florida 2008

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
That's cool that spectators are free, The one out here in Antioch got greedy and raise their entrance fee every year for spectators.

Overall still a awesome show.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's cool that spectators are free, The one out here in Antioch got greedy and raise their entrance fee every year for spectators.

Overall still a awesome show.
no, I didnt get greedy, and I havent raised the price every year.

The spectator fee was $5 for 5 years. 2007 it was raised to $8, 2008 it was raised to $10 to help cover the cost of the ticketing company that was needed to handle the ever expanding crowd.

I wish I could charge $5 just like 2003, but that just isnt possible.

all in all $10 for a full days worth of entertainment, 1000+ cars, 3 bands, lots of vendors isnt a bad deal. A movie that only lasts 1.5 hours costs just as much.

Spectators are free at the Florida show by decree of Big Daddy Don Garlits because he wants to attract them to his Museum (which has an entrance fee), part of my cost of doing business with him and I'm happy to pay that price.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd be willing to pay more if hot chicks got in for free :laugh:
Hmmm... only if I get to be the "hotness" judge :D

something else to consider, participants pay more in Florida to make up for lost spectator revenue.... even at that all Billetproof fees for spectators or registration are below the other big hot rod shows. Paso is $50 to register, Lone Star Round Up is $50 per car and $10 per passengers (after one free one) and $15 for spectators...

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
no, I didnt get greedy, and I havent raised the price every year.

The spectator fee was $5 for 5 years. 2007 it was raised to $8, 2008 it was raised to $10 to help cover the cost of the ticketing company that was needed to handle the ever expanding crowd.

I wish I could charge $5 just like 2003, but that just isnt possible.

all in all $10 for a full days worth of entertainment, 1000+ cars, 3 bands, lots of vendors isnt a bad deal. A movie that only lasts 1.5 hours costs just as much.

Spectators are free at the Florida show by decree of Big Daddy Don Garlits because he wants to attract them to his Museum (which has an entrance fee), part of my cost of doing business with him and I'm happy to pay that price.

Makes sense, My apologies. anyways I'll be entering my truck once I'm done with it.

INSOMNIAKZ: you should enter the bug now that its all done. When you getting your bags installed??

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Makes sense, My apologies. anyways I'll be entering my truck once I'm done with it.

INSOMNIAKZ: you should enter the bug now that its all done. When you getting your bags installed??
Tell you what, you got an entry for the truck on me when its done. No worries.

Its a big show, and growing, national wide.

the cool part about the Florida show is Big Daddy's involvement. He loves the show and has more than a few of his old hot rods that he brings out for the show.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts