Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase used Gallardo in the near future. This will be my first Lambo, so I really don't know what much to expect except from what I read on the forums. I understand (from forums) that Gallardo is supposedly best of its brothers and sisters exotics in regards of reliability. However, all cars have best and worst years. Hence, I was wondering if anyone can stir me into the right direction of the good Gallardo year of production when most of the bugs been worked out of the system. So basically here are the two things I am looking for:
1. Year of production with least technical issues
2. Best value for the car in years of its production.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I heard that the early model manual gallardo's are a good buy.

2005.5-2006.

I'm not an expert, but I believe its accurate. If not, please correct me.

The reason the 2005.5+ is desired is because that is when they started to implement the front nose lift, for going over big bumps. Before this time, there were no nose lifts on the gallardo.

i'm sure there are some other goodies as well, but those I'm still unaware of.

when you purchase I suggest going through Cats Exotics, they are the Lamborghini kings! (And Queen)

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
newer the better

roy has a 2008 blacked out G that is selling for 118k or something. really good value.

generally, 2006+ and 2008 SL are more desirable.

if you have the money for a new one, $190k gets you a 2011 base gallardo that is rwd. best value IMO.

·
Registered
460 Posts
06+ for the gearing, front lift, sintered clutch (although the newer clutches are also on most older models by now) and general improvement in reliability.

·
Registered
258 Posts
06+ is the way to go....nose lift, some update ECU software, etc, etc....but I mean you can't beat an 04 for under 100k if you are really trying to just get in one! but for the money 06-08 is a good buy...don't be afraid of higher mileage (i.e. 15-30k). let me know if you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to help!

·
Registered
847 Posts
06+ is the way to go....nose lift, some update ECU software, etc, etc....but I mean you can't beat an 04 for under 100k if you are really trying to just get in one! but for the money 06-08 is a good buy...don't be afraid of higher mileage (i.e. 15-30k). let me know if you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to help!
On higher mile cars what should you look at? Service history? Replacement of clutch? What are some of the most common issues with the 04-05 models? Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unfortunataly, I cannot shell out for the new car nor for one or two year old cars, just too much for me now. I was looking for the car in the ballpark of 100K plus or minus but of course minus from 100K is better :).
So if I hear corectly to get the best bang for the buck and to have a nice reliable car I would need to look into 06 car. How is the E-gear on this car and this year? It would be great if I can find one with the e-gear.
What are the issues I should be looking for in the used Gallardo?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Unfortunataly, I cannot shell out for the new car nor for one or two year old cars, just too much for me now. I was looking for the car in the ballpark of 100K plus or minus but of course minus from 100K is better :).
So if I hear corectly to get the best bang for the buck and to have a nice reliable car I would need to look into 06 car. How is the E-gear on this car and this year? It would be great if I can find one with the e-gear.
What are the issues I should be looking for in the used Gallardo?
Why do you want an e-gear? Just curious..

·
Registered
123 Posts
Mine is a 2010 LP560-4...here is a really crappy picture of it sitting in my garage--you'll notice the difference in the front bumper.

·
Registered
826 Posts
As there seems to be some information missing, here's what I know:

The 04 - 05 cars had longer gearing, and some clutch issues. Also 500BHP <-> 520BHP on the later cars.

However, by now most of those cars will have received a new clutch, from memory the Revision E solved the problem of excessive clutch wear.

The first "proper" Gallardo straight from the factory, was the SE model.
After that, the Spyder was released, also having all the proper goodies.

So don't rule out 04 and 05 cars, but do your homework before buying one, plus have a go in a newer one to check the difference in gearing

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Why E-gear? Umm I guess, its cool :) and quick shifting. But yeah I can see how e-gear can be a problem and expensive one if it goes bad.

I love that yellow spider, that is the exact car I want :), just not sure if I can afford one today.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I have an 05 6speed, apart from an AC compressor, an o2 sensor and a battery it has been problem free for me for 16,000 miles. It did get a new clutch at 4200 I dont launch the car hard often so it is still going strong.

·
Silver Sponsor
2,617 Posts
Such a bad ass car! Cant wait to see that front bumper you guys are talking about!
We are trying to decide whether to put it on the Spyder or the blue coupe in my avatar

1 - 20 of 32 Posts