Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a steam cleaner, and really dont know much about them. Ive heard they are great to clean interiors without chemicals, and also to get nasty tar off of wheels/suspension parts. What steam cleaner or handheld steam cleaner would be the best bang for the buck. I am not a detailer so I dont need something all big and fancy. I just need something I can use at home to detail the car myself.

· Registered
340 Posts
the vx5000 is probably the most used one out there in the detailing world. Sitting right around the $600 mark on up pending on day it seems. I personally use the wagoner I bought off amazon for $99. Hasn't let me down in over a year of use. For just getting into something to see what it's like I'd make that as my recommendation.

· Registered
80 Posts
I second the VX5000, I even created a reinforcement for the hose to beef it up. This steamer is awesome for leather and interiors, all the nooks and crannies are easy to deal with.

I can post some photos of the work its done?

Cheers,
GREG

· Registered
340 Posts
Same exact one I have.. Excpet mine says wagner on it instead of McCullock. Works great for what it is. Don't expect the same features of the vx5000 but just to see what a steamer is and does this is a great choice for the money.

· Registered
315 Posts
The JIFFY j4000 steamers work great and are used in the auto trade around the world.
There are a number of different heads available too for which ever use you need.
From an automotive upholstery point of view its a must have tool..
Best of all for you guys its made in the USA.
Retail from around $270

· Registered
340 Posts
Andre while for the most part I still pressurewash and degrease the engines a steamer is much safer and just as effective. There are certian engines out there that don't take water to well at all.(almost all BMW's for example) so a steamer really comes in great when you can't use the water.

· Registered
44 Posts
thanks for the input. We all get those dirty engines that the gunk doesnt come off 100% is the steamer better for getting the gunk off , even if it takes longer does it do a better job vs pressure washer
In some cases the steamer is more effective. Especially in the engine department on stubborn stuff.

· Registered
758 Posts
I will say this... you can mess stuff up pretty good with the steamer... The VX5000 comes with stiff plastic brushes, they can and will scratch the hell out of interior panels. Learned that the first time I tried it out on my beater...

Action shot!

· Registered
4 Posts
I want to get a steam cleaner, and really dont know much about them. Ive heard they are great to clean interiors without chemicals, and also to get nasty tar off of wheels/suspension parts. What steam cleaner or handheld steam cleaner would be the best bang for the buck. I am not a detailer so I dont need something all big and fancy. I just need something I can use at home to detail the car myself.
Haven't chosen yet. Now there are many different interesting options. I personally use the steam extractor vacuum Fortador, it is effective and of high quality.
I give you a guide where there is a lot of information about steam cleaners, their differences and how to use Steam extractor vs. Steam cleaner | Which is better?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts