Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've narrowed it down and am 95% positive I will be buying myself a pair of Maui Jim's.

Damn you, L4P! :D You guys have persuaded me again. Somehow I managed to go from a $109 pair of Spy sunglasses into being talked into spending the extra money via fellow members and buying a pair of $279 Maui Jim's.

I went to my local Sunglass Hut in the mall, tried them on, loved them and figured I'd see if there were any cheaper alternatives on where to purchase new sunglasses.

I'm not necessarily opposed to spending my money at Sunglass Hut but if there are other legitimate retailers that I can pick a pair up then I'm all for it. (Minus Ebay, that just seems like a bad idea)

Or, at the least, anyone know where I can get a coupon / discount at Sunglass Hut?

I've got it narrowed down to these two pairs, I just have to try them on again and pick one out. Both are priced at $279 on Maui Jim's website and Sunglass Hut locations:

Any suggestions or leads would be hugely appreciated. :) I know there are a ton of sunglass nuts here on the forum so hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,

- Chris

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I bought my maui jim peahis from ebay for $159 compared to $209. I bought them from a reputable ebay golf store who had a few extra pairs they were trying to move. Don't be scared, be smart with ebay.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
It would help me help you search if you provide the names of both models. I do a lot of personal shopping for people so may have resources.

·
Registered
6,205 Posts
I wouldn't mind getting a pair of that first one.

eBay isn't to bad, just be smart. Look at where they are located, read their feedback, and read descriptions.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Date a daughter who's mom's own an optical shop. hahaha, most of the time I get to impatient waiting for her to order them in for me so I just buy them. :D

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
you need a good local shop you're friends with. I just got hooked up with a pair of Tom Fords from my local surf shop, where I know the owner pretty good.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
964 Posts
I haven't found a big difference in pricing between retail stores. Sometimes the duty free stores have pretty sick prices.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts