Luxury4Play.com banner

61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
So disappointed :(

While in Phoenix we had planned to dine at Pizzeria Bianco. We were busy with familia and thought about going on Sunday or Monday before we left Tuesday afternoon...

So I looked it up.... CLOSED Sundays and Mondays

Flight was at 4pm on Tuesday and they open at 5... Maybe next time

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
next week: Modern Apizza and Keste (NYC) - the pictures i've seen of Keste look downright spectacular

- chuck

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
i have just eaten 3 very good to excellent pizzas in NYC area - modern apizza, pepe's, & keste.

If i had to rate my American top 5 list now, it would go in this order:
- pizzeria bianco (phoenix) - still tops, the crust is just on another level
- keste (NYC) - i'll be eating this tomorrow again before i leave NYC, amazing crust taste and perfect char
- pepe's (New Haven) - the platonic ideal for NYC pizza
- mozza (LA) - i'm no Batali fan but this was a very good pizza
- flour & water (SF) - the crust has a nice taste, but a few levels below Keste

if you like thin crust NYC pizza with greasy cheese, you won't like any on this list except for pepe's. if you like a yeasty crust with varying degrees of char, you will like all of them.

- chuck

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Also noteworthy, if attempting a New Haven pizza taste test, small pizzas more than suffice.
:bowpuke:
haha - i'm glad Sally's wasn't open - i would've died.

- chuck

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
i waited 3 hours in Jan for this pizza..... AND IT WAS THE BEST EVER!!!!

they have a wine bar next door so the wait isn't bad - you can sit outside in the nice AZ weather, drink wine, and wait and wait.

they are assholes, as they *very* reluctantly let our party order a second round of pizzas ("respect the line") but they finally relented.

the pizza was easily the best i've ever had and i still dream about it. i wish i had a reason to go back to Phoenix. the crust was like a great piece of bread - charred, bubbly, yeasty, and tasty.

- chuck
My wife has been there twice. I have yet to go. Just can't get myself to wait 2 hours for pizza. Especially not now when it doesn't get any cooler than 90+degrees at night. People come from all over the country to try this stuff. Guess I should go at least once....

·
Registered
768 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Hahaha, dare we try Modern, Pepe's, Sally's, Keste, Grimladi's AND Lombardi's next time all in the same day...for objectivity's sake???
:lol:

no, i will not partake :lol:

- chuck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tucci's pizza if your ever in boca raton FL...brick oven pizza you cant go wrong...ive had alot of good pizza and they are my fav!:D

61 - 80 of 112 Posts