Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to head up to the City one of these weekends, and am trying to find a good place to park the car? I don't parallel park on the streets, and refuse to leave it someplace like the 5th & Mission garage.

So, what I'm looking for is a good, secure place to park, probably valet parking somewhere where they're used to parking nicer cars.

Anybody have any favorite places to park their cars when heading to the City? I don't really care how much it costs (hell, 5th & Mission for the day costs $30, what's a few more $$$?), I just want it to be secure and someplace I can trust.

Thanks for any suggestions!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
75 views and not one response??

Ouch - guess I won't be taking my car to the City. Looks like there aren't any decent places to park! LOL

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
unless you're driving a Veyron, just leave it in a parking garage. the one on top of Nob Hill is pretty solid. or you could stay @ a hotel that has parking - many of those around.

- chuck

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
^This...Fairmont has a great garage and is slightly cheaper for guests. Also the marines memorial has a really secure one as well (neighboring building @ the centurion club I think it is).

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Mr. Klein is a cool guy, he bumped us up to a bomb suite when we stayed up there for a birthday a while ago.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So the Fairmont garage over by Grace Cathedral is pretty good?

Cool. I'm up in that area frequently, I'll keep that one in mind - thanks!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I've parked $500,000 dollar cars in the city before in a couple of different garages with out any issue. The Ellis O'farrel is my favorite, and they have Valet as well. I would give them a shot!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Any high end hotel valet should be good. I drive the Lamborghini there all the time.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
All the large lots are going to be packed! This time of the yr is pretty bad to park in the city. I usually do the ofarrell lot but I'm sure that will be full. I hate being stuck behind bunch of cars on an incline of a parking structure.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I need to head up to the City one of these weekends, and am trying to find a good place to park the car? I don't parallel park on the streets, and refuse to leave it someplace like the 5th & Mission garage.

So, what I'm looking for is a good, secure place to park, probably valet parking somewhere where they're used to parking nicer cars.

Anybody have any favorite places to park their cars when heading to the City? I don't really care how much it costs (hell, 5th & Mission for the day costs $30, what's a few more $$$?), I just want it to be secure and someplace I can trust.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Heading up to SF in a few weeks and was gonna leave my car at the 5th and Mission garage overnight. Any reason or bad experience there that made you refuse to leave your car there?

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Heading up to SF in a few weeks and was gonna leave my car at the 5th and Mission garage overnight. Any reason or bad experience there that made you refuse to leave your car there?
ghetto movie theater parking lot

- chuck

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I park at 5th and Mission when I take my Jeep up there, and have never had a problem. But I wouldn't take a nice car up there mainly because there are a lack of good parking spots wide enough to prevent others from parking next to you and maybe dinging the car. The only way to avoid this is by parking on an upper level that has more open spots. But there's no guarantee that somebody still couldn't park next to you later if the place fills up (like due to an event or something). Also, some of the upper levels get pretty deserted when the place does empty out, meaning somebody would have an easier time messing around with a car (such as trying to break in or steal it) with nobody around to see.

Just last weekend, I took my 911 up to the city and parked at the Fairmont Hotel parking garage. The entrance at the front of the hotel is only for guests, but if you enter from Powell Street, they'll take any car. The Fairmont is valet only, so there's no general public wandering around the garage to mess with the cars. Because it's an upscale hotel, they're used to getting nicer cars there and know people are picky about them. They parked mine right on the main level next to the guard booth, which also made it easy for me to return to the car to put some stuff in the trunk later. The attendants were very nice, and the facilities looked good and safe.

The main downside to parking at the Fairmont was the cost. It caps at $52 a day for non-guests. But...I'll pay the difference, since 5th and Mission for all-day parking still runs $28-$35 or so. I'd rather pay the difference and know my car is in a safe place.

Anyway, I can definitely recommend the Fairmont Hotel parking garage, and will be using them every time I take the 911 to the city.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts