Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I know I may get shunned for speaking of a vehicle as an "investment" vs. a true drivers car, I was curious given the notorious depreciation of McLarens, is there a specific model that could be considered today as an investment. I don't suspect the 12C will be, but I feel like the prices are waddling and not dropping compared possibly to the 650s both of which seem to be in these awkward holding patterns. Short of the P1 which I have considered, but really want a car to drive periodically in my small, but growing collection. Is there a model, even if more pricey, that has some of the investment (or not concrete sinking depreciation) in the McLaren brand that may be worth looking into?

Thank you so much. I don't post often and watch mostly, so was hoping to get some input to this burning question as I love the McLaren brand.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In short, is there a potential "budding" McLaren that may be on the rise value-wise in the coming years...

·
Registered
73 Posts
F1 if you have a cool $13m +/- maybe the P1 in the future. As for the 12c, possibly the best bang for buck out there right now.

·
Registered
638 Posts
The P1, maybe. I don't ever see it appreciating like the F1 has, though.

Maybe the limited ones, like the 675LT.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Mclaren is a curiosity car manufacture. One so heavily rooted in tech and gizmos one would have to conclude, a poor investment. considering the cars are that are appreciating are basic drivers cars such as any pcar worth owning and special edition Italians and domestic supercars.

Only way you won't lose your shirt on a mclaren would Likely be buying a 12c spider once they hit the 180k mark IMO.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
P1 or F1 will both appreciate (or continue to appreciate).

The other McLarens are far too common to appreciate. If you just want a fun car to drive without losing a ton of money, the 12Cs have obviously depreciated quite a lot and are the best "value" in my opinion.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Cars that will/are appercaiting:

SLR 722
SLR 722S
SLR Sterling Moss

The normal SLR might? Not really sure there.

The 675LT probably will as it has low production numbers.

The 12c/650s/570s won't be appreciating, McLaren made wayyy too many of them.

·
Registered
638 Posts
IMO, nothing will ever catch the F1, not even the P1.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts