Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
If we are just talking about military aircraft, then my pick would have to be the SR-71 Blackbird. It is crazy to think that the thing could out-run missiles and fly into the heart of Russia and back out of it during the Cold War without the enemy even knowing. I also love the B-1B bomber, it is an awesome design coupled with awesome technology and speed. You can tell the computer to fly just above the tree line and hills to avoid radar.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
sorry ive been busy since i first posted in this thread. im glad to see everybodys list of fighters. my top five are the

F-14 tomcat/supertomcat
F-16c block 50/52 viper
Rafale
Mig35
Typhoon

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
If we are just talking about military aircraft, then my pick would have to be the SR-71 Blackbird. It is crazy to think that the thing could out-run missiles and fly into the heart of Russia and back out of it during the Cold War without the enemy even knowing. I also love the B-1B bomber, it is an awesome design coupled with awesome technology and speed. You can tell the computer to fly just above the tree line and hills to avoid radar.
the B-1B is by far my favorite bomber. ive seen it on more than one occasion and its a marvel to see fly. the SR-71 is still a marvel in todays world. its amazing what skunkworks was able to do back in the late 50's early 60's and still have importance today

·
Registered
183 Posts
How is this thread even a debate, the clear winner has to be:

Come on, you grew up watching these things grace the sky, not to mention top gun???

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
How is this thread even a debate, the clear winner has to be:

Come on, you grew up watching these things grace the sky, not to mention top gun???

mike39 thank you and case close. to top it off it was made on longisland and im from nyc and i hade a few friends and family work for grumman.

·
Registered
295 Posts
My top 5 are the following:

F-16
F-35
F-14
F-22
B-2 Bomber

IMO the SR-71 isn't a "combat aircraft" it is just for surveillance.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Growing up under the flightline of MacDill, I got tired of seeing F16s. Now that I'm older, I appreciate them much more.

Something about the rigid lines of the F-5E and the L39 really do it for me. Love those planes.

Jets:
1) F22
2) F16
3) F18
4) F-5E
5) L-39

Prop:
1) F4U Corsair (how unique is this plane?)
2) A-1 Skyraider (not the prettiest, but my grandpa flew one in the Korean war so these planes mystify me when I see them)
3) Mitsubishi Zero (complete sacrifice of armor for agility... had to have been a great plane to fly, just not in combat)
4) Spitfire (so agile and cool looking)
5) Curtiss P-40 Warhawk (durable little fighter)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts