Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick post to let peeps know about this gnarly case:

JOBY GorillaMobile Ori for iPad - Ergonomic iPad Case and Stand

It's freaking badass and I love mine! $70 on their site. There's a coupon code (smugmug i think, check google to be sure) for free shipping and 20% off for a total out the door of $60. Waaayyy better than the OEM offerings for the same kind of money!

It does have the auto sleep and wake cover, but the cover isn't magnetic like others, so it won't stay shut. Only downside of it.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great concept. Looks kind of shaky though. Give us your feedback.
Absolutely solid. Not shaky at all.

Obviously in certain positions like on the demo they show, it will move a bit, otherwise it's solid as it can be. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I purchased the Targus - Rotating Case for Apple iPad 2 - Black/Blue for my wife's when I bought her the iPad.

My wife wanted it because she loves how it rotates so she is able to read her iBooks either vertical or horizontal all in one case.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have the same Targus case and I'm not that happy with it anymore--it's pretty bulky and it won't stay in certain angles.

I'm definitely going to try this Joby case.

Thanks, TGF! Haven't seen you on MBWorld in a while, good seeing you over here.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Targus rotating stand was mentioned above. This is a great case (we have done a demo on it at GleeMobile) but the quality doesn't seem to be a 100%. We think the best rotating iPad 2 case currently on the market is the Trexta Rotating case. Check it out here:

Apple Mobile: Trexta Rotating Folio for iPad 2 (3 Colors) | Gleemobile.com

Use discount code "L4P" to get an additional 10% off the already reduced price...

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the same Targus case and I'm not that happy with it anymore--it's pretty bulky and it won't stay in certain angles.

I'm definitely going to try this Joby case.

Thanks, TGF! Haven't seen you on MBWorld in a while, good seeing you over here.
Yo long time no see! I been MIA from Mbworld since I sold the E55. I hang out over here now mostly!

Do the Joby, it's sick!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I purchased the Targus - Rotating Case for Apple iPad 2 - Black/Blue for my wife's when I bought her the iPad.

My wife wanted it because she loves how it rotates so she is able to read her iBooks either vertical or horizontal all in one case.

I bought this for the wife as well. We hate it! The indents that are suppose to hold the ipad in position are not deep enough so the damn thing is always slipping out of the groove and slamming down on the table

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
For the most part, I'm totally happy with my smart case on my iPad 2. I am currently trying to figure out a more effective way to integrate my ipad in to my desk space when I am at my desk working on things. I've already got dual displays for my desktop, and I want to make my MB Air and my iPad both integrate in such a way that they are actually usable. No clue how to do that yet, but the Ori at least puts it at the right height.

It just looks like too many moving parts. The best part about the smart case is the simplicity of it.

I'm sure someone out there much smarter than I has figured this out already.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't fear the Joby, it looks like it's all crazy, but it's super simple to use and simple really.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got it Friday and just put it on today. I'm lovin it so far. Much better than the old targus case.
Did you use the coupon like a cheap ass like me?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts