Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heading up to NYC in December, I looking for a great hotel to stay at. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Price Range?

East, mid or west?

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Price I don't care as long as its nice and near Madison Ave. (not my trip my fiance')

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I just stayed at the Jeremiah Essex House. I usually stay at The Palace, but was told by multiple people to try the Essex House and I did. I couldn't be happier. The service was perfect and the hotel was amazing. Are you a Platinum or Black card holder through American Express? This hotel has a partnership program with them and they can upgrade you free of charge if rooms are available. If they will upgrade you, go for it. If not, make sure you reserve a suite as the standard rooms are a bit small. They are located in a perfect location. Central Park South, right in between the East and West side. They gave us a $100.00 voucher to their in-house restaurant called Southgate. I got the filet and it was unbelievable. I give the hotel a five-star rating! Let me know if you have any questions.

Also, it is a couple blocks from Madison Avenue.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Essex House is Great to me its a toss-up between Essex House and the Mandarin Oriental at Columbus Circle (Time Warner Buildings)

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Essex House is Great to me its a toss-up between Essex House and the Mandarin Oriental at Columbus Circle (Time Warner Buildings)
Pretty much my thoughts as well but I tend to leans towards the Mandarin.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Is the Plaza still a hotel or is it all condos now? I've never had a bad experience there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts