Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Going to Europe this summer for 5 weeks. A few things I really want to do are, see the Ferrari and Lamborghini factories, drive around the Nurburgring (myself, not a Ring Taxi), drive a car in Great Britain (right hand drive ftw?), see the F1 race in Britain, and if possible, go to the filming of an episode of Top Gear.

What else is a must see or do while I'm there, and if anyone has ever been to the Nurburgring, are there any programs or things I should know about or plan in advance for? Any advice is much appreciated. :bow1:

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
During my last trip to Italy, my wife and I stayed a night in Maranello and checked out the Ferrari museam/test track. I really enjoyed it.

There are some great roads in the Alps between Pontrasina, Switerland and northern Italy. I drove them in an S3 back in 2001... that was fantastic.

If you wanted to go all out, the "valley of motors tour" is in central Italy. Basically you spend a weeked touring the Ferrari, Lambo, Pagani, and Ducati factories.

Personally, the two things I really want to do are: (1) Goodwood festival of Speed in England and (2) make a lap on the Green Hell.

·
Registered
5 Posts

My cousin and I rented a Peugeot 206 on the Peugeot Open Europe Program and drove all over Europe stopping off where we wanted, much nicer than backpacking or huffing it by train you always have somewhere you leave your bags, and you can go where you want. You can also rent some pretty sweet convertibles and sporty cars as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've heard that Tramontana, an European Company located on the Costa Brava (Spain) which manufactures an exclusive tailor-made supercar called Tramontana, organize or is planning to organize driving tours in Costa Brava.

http://www.tramontanagroup.com

The car is a "combination of a Formula 1 racing car and a fighter jet powered by a V12 engine which produces a maximum of 720 hp." So it might be cool....

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
i drove from Paris to Barcelona. number of cops i saw? 2.

i've also done a loop from Barcelona -> San Sebastian -> Madrid -> Valencia -> Barcelona - that's about 13 hours of driving. number of cops i saw? 1. average speed? 90-95mph.

get the fastest car you can afford & hit the open road.

- chuck

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i drove from Paris to Barcelona. number of cops i saw? 2.

i've also done a loop from Barcelona -> San Sebastian -> Madrid -> Valencia -> Barcelona - that's about 13 hours of driving. number of cops i saw? 1. average speed? 90-95mph.

get the fastest car you can afford & hit the open road.

- chuck
My biggest fear is that if I rent a car, I'm gonna get lost. How difficult is it to find your way around the different countries?

·
L4P Judge Jury & The Executioner
5,783 Posts
Hundreds of beautiful driving roads in Europe. Like Chuck said, Rent a car. You might even be able to rent a E46 M3 if you can track one down. A GPS will keep you from getting lost.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hundreds of beautiful driving roads in Europe. Like Chuck said, Rent a car. You might even be able to rent a E46 M3 if you can track one down. A GPS will keep you from getting lost.
I've been driving an E46 m3 for the past 5 1/2 years, if that's what I end up renting in Europe I'd be pretty pissed lol jk :lol:

I think I'd get lost with the GPS too lol

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Does anyone know if it's pretty easy to just show up at the Nurburgring and go around or rent a car there and drive around it, or is it something you must plan for in advance and make reservations?

·
Registered
198 Posts
On Tourist days anyone can drive with a drivinglicense. To rent cars close to the ring is expensive as they know you will take it on the ring. I would drive through Europe as it is very Easy with a GPS. I would Say Drive to Stuttgart, Munich - Germany, Zürich - Switzerland, Maybe South of France and Monaco and Some of South of Italy. It is easy to rent a Nice car to drive through Europe from the Main German Airports from companies Like Sixt, Hertz, Avis, Europecar, Sixt has a nice collection of BMW's ranging from 1 series to 6 series. Most of them being Diesel.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts