Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be a lot of talk about the G63 but I don't really see anyone talking about the G550. Any real life reviews on g550 for those of us who can't ball as hard? would it make a good daily driver? I'm sure the gas mileage is atrocious but it's understandable in a car this big.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Ive been driving a G550 for the past two and a half years as a DD and put just over 53000km. I love it. Parking can be a pain sometimes because of the height. It doesnt fit in a lot of parkades and i really only trust the ones 6'6 and over due to some ramp angles. I have had it in the shop for a power steering issue and a rattle that took a couple tries to figure out, turned out to be a loose heat shield. Everything else has been routine maintenance. Im 6'2 with longer legs and I wouldnt want to be any taller for the driving position. I usually go through 5-6 tanks a month but i figured that getting into it. It does leave me with a desire to get a sportier car to compliment it but i only have one spot in my building so i have to hold off.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The gas mileage is archaic. Probably 8 to 10 miles to the gallon. Drives nice, and has a nice rumble to it. The car is plenty fast and I don't get the fascination of the g63 for a truck.

After a while, stopping at the gas station will get on your nerves. Especially in this day and age when cars get much better mileage. Chics dig the car. You will get laid very often.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts