Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, this is my first post. I am in the market for a cheap Bentley GT and I found one in South Florida with high miles that is in my price range. I am looking for some feedback, is it risky to buy a Bentley with high miles? I have never owned one before so I do not know what costs are going to be involved when I need to service it.

2005 Bentley Continental GT

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Use the money you save to pick up some new wheels. There are a lot of GTs in the 60-70k range.

craigslook. com
autotrader. com
ebay
cars. com

Nick

·
Registered
816 Posts
that car has been around for a long time. make sure there is nothing fishy with it besides the miles. IMHO, it won't be worth the hassle. Save your money and wait until the facelifted one comes out for the 04 and 05's to drop even more $$. You don't want to be the guy that bought a 70,000 mile bentley.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
you can definitely find a good price with decent miles now. look for an 04 or 05, i wouldnt go for one that has 70k miles on it. it will be a purchase well spent but services will be costly around 2k but not very often.

good luck. keep searching and talking to people. also dont be shy about negotiating hard. you can find something and have enough for wheels + a service. wheels are definitely a must. lol.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I love the fact that somebody bought it and drove the shit out of it...
Bingo.
All things considered, it's not terribly high miles. 14K per year.
It does deserve a look. It also deserves additional research and comparisons with what you're looking to get out of the car.

·
Registered
816 Posts
for a good forged 22" wheel you are going to be looking at $5k plus w tires. I believe Vossen has some alternative routes which may cost a tad less but still throw off that Multi Piece look.

Yeah, I will have to put a set of rims on whatever I buy. What would a good set with tires run?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
service and reliability is about as expensive as a Gallardo. i would never buy a hand built car over 30k miles.

04-05 with 15k mi for $75k is a better car and worth the extra money.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Miami > JVille > ATL > Raleigh > Richmond > DC > Baltimore > NYC > Boston, and back... thats a lot of miles. A drug route. Just sayin, he drove the SH!T out of it! :laugh:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts