Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the new copy of Bentley mag today. Almost threw up when I saw the cover. Tasteless GMC metallic gold suv. sun is setting, temp is dropping, Arturo Fuente is on his last inch so I'll make this short...

-The new SUV is the letdown of the decade.

-the breathing tourb in the dash... Make sure your not drinking or eating when you flip to that image...

-people don't buy Bentleys for (realistically) useless gadgets, they already have one or 4 of the big three German saloons for that purpose

-the colors they are promoting it in are not tru to the brand neither is there philosophy of use, a Bentley is a stately, horseless carriage to be enjoyed for what it is, luxury transport and craftsmanship w as little robotics as possible.

-Bentley as a company's philosophy has gone from making the best cars they can possibly build to one goal, market share..... at all costs to heritage

Range Rover still remains the most reliable, tech advanced, luxurious, gentlemen's truck.

Sorry Bentley. My future desire for your product line has been irreversibly damaged from your piggybacked Audi Q7.

If I get anything else from you it will be exactly what I had or a supersports/gt3

/end rant

·
Registered
670 Posts
People with money will buy the Bentley because its a Bentley...and to avoid the stereotype of the Ranger Rover. The majority don't care about 90% of the features and tech.. its the name they are sold on. Its the same debate when people are like "my bro's Toyota Supra turbo with XXX mods will kill your Ferrari 430 in a 1/4 mile".. ask a 430 owner if they care. If the Bentley holds their Venti starbucks and lulu gym bag, they will buy it. Its about having something that others don't (and also cant be purchased used for 20k on auto trader)

And Range Rover is FAR from reliable. Nice, yes.. luxury..yes, reliable... not so much.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Acer, how's Calgary been for the past few months? I bailed out east to the centre of the universe this past summer. I heard it got bad....like....real bad. My job loss being a statistic lol.
Lambo Calgary opened up at a non-opportune time.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Range Rover reliability surely will stand above the Bentley. Especially w it's 48volt system guarentteed to be a nightmare

Time will tell this time next year. I am excited about the Q7 diesel tho. Just bought 3 diesel hummers so I don't have a need for one right now otherwise I'd have it on order. I just can't get over how fugly this bentayaga is

·
Registered
670 Posts
Acer, how's Calgary been for the past few months? I bailed out east to the centre of the universe this past summer. I heard it got bad....like....real bad. My job loss being a statistic lol.
Lambo Calgary opened up at a non-opportune time.
Its pretty bad.. if youre apart of any of the major oil companies, youre in the cross hairs. Oil field guys are having their wages/hours/perks/travel pay cut.

Youd never know though.. restaurants are packed, dealerships are busy and sales are up. I interviewed with Lambo a few times and you can tell they are in protection mode as they are not compensating anywhere near what the competition is. The dealer is pretty quiet. The ballers are "hibernating" until this passes and they can tear up the credit again lol.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Its pretty bad.. if youre apart of any of the major oil companies, youre in the cross hairs. Oil field guys are having their wages/hours/perks/travel pay cut.
My company I used to work with manufactured the labor workforce housing camps for the oil field guys. Naturally when Oil companies cut back on their workforce, the unneeded trailers were the first to go, my job as well lol (not lol).

·
Registered
670 Posts
My company I used to work with manufactured the labor workforce housing camps for the oil field guys. Naturally when Oil companies cut back on their workforce, the unneeded trailers were the first to go, my job as well lol (not lol).
Well I hope where ever you went ( Toronto? mtl?) is treating you well brother!

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
And Range Rover is FAR from reliable. Nice, yes.. luxury..yes, reliable... not so much.
yup. Mother had one, not such a great buy. Had multiple issues first 10,000 miles put on it :( Sure, under warranty but a horrid inconvenience and waste of time

on a side note, the issue with other German brands like Mercedes is that they are "over" engineered. Nothing major ever happened to the SL500 but it kept having small, insignificant things break. It got annoying and the car lost value. Actually driving it and being in south Florida where it is full of snowbirds kinda sucks too. They drive theirs maybe 500 miles a year and mine becomes worthless in the used car market. :(

Reactions: AcerOne
1 - 13 of 13 Posts