Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a question about my B&R. I recently purchased one and have had it for 4 days and has been worn far 3 times. The first two times had about 3 hours of wrist time, and last night I had it on for a good 10 hours. But one problem that I saw throughout the night that happened twice is the watch stopped. After 2 hours of wearing it I had my hands on a table for five minutes and it stopped. This morning around 8 AM I noticed the watch had stopped. If it has a 40hr power reserve it shouldn't happen. My question is, is it normal for them to be this way in the beginning? I purchased the watch brand new. Please let me know?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
You pretty much don't, however, thsaio is spot on. I honestly can't remember exactly how many times I wind my 01-97 to where the PR is full. I will say though, mine charges really quickly once it's on the wrist. When manually winding, stop when you start to feel it - you'll know. Also, never wind or set the watch's date with the hands between 9 and 6 on any B&R.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
If it does not last the power reserve time (which is always spot on, not like mpg ratings) then you almost certainly have a broken mainspring.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I wounded the watch about 60 times last night and wore it for 5 hours. This morning the watch stopped. Before leaving work I did the same thing and had it on for 3 hours and I looked at my wrist and the watch stopped again.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
So I wounded the watch about 60 times last night and wore it for 5 hours. This morning the watch stopped. Before leaving work I did the same thing and had it on for 3 hours and I looked at my wrist and the watch stopped again.
That's not normal. Most definitely get the watch looked at. Sorry you're going through this on a new purchase. Has to be frustrating.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I called up the place I got the watch from and they told me to bring it in. They might exchange the watch for another one. But thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Nice, that was the proper thing to do. At least, you have a dealer who stands up for what he sells. Did you buy from an AD for B&R or a watch dealer?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts