Luxury4Play.com banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
1,142 Posts
my car won't turn over and it appears to be the starter motor...won't be able to get fixed till mon...i'm so sorry to miss this and drive extra hard for me, can't describe how sad i am to miss it

· Registered
20 Posts
Had a great time today!

I was FAR from the photographer, plus I was driving solo, so not so easy for me to be driving and taking pics, but here's what I was able to take:

At Lomotion - We had an awesome brunch there, thanks to the staff of Lomotion for being so accomodating!

Bear Mountain - Oktoberfest!

Rest of my pics are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157627909696040/show/
Enjoy!

· Registered
1,155 Posts
Even though I got there by 8 am with the chance of missing the whole run, I ended up running into a group of bimmers, 2 Audi's and 2 Hyundai, I was in the Classic SAAB 900 Aero. It was fun until we ended up on some rough narrow one car wide twisty, yet two way road with nothing but blind spots and some rough bumps for my car current setup. , I slowed down a bit to avoid bottoming out which allowed a CRV family car to get in between and slows down even more. So I just wanted to apologias to the blue Hyundai driver for not making the pass on the CRV . I hope you were able to catch up with the rest of the guys. I tried to find you guys after I got out of that road but i didn't even know which way you went. Any way I ended up driving to Bear Mountain park to chill for a bit where I made 2 new friends in a vette and a lambo and we ended up going for nice little run . Good times even though it was short. At least i was able to test my new track suspension set up limitations on rough roads ;-/. Cheers to all and hope everyone had a nice safe drive home.

· Registered
20 Posts
Those are some great photos for being able to snap while driving. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks!

I saw you attempting to make a U-Turn as we turned going away from the bridge, I thought you would have caught up with us, guess not! It was some great driving roads. I got to push my car more than I think I ever have, and a few times was a little too close for comfort, but I was able to correct any of the over/understeering tendencies my new tires provoked...I should have left the competition tires on the car! Just once really, I went into a dip and an elevation leading to a hard right, I was full throttle on that, I upset the rear end, paniced and stabbed the brake ( a big no-no) and all hell broke loose - for 2 seconds...Thankfully I have enough skills to correct and continue without any additional drama.

· Registered
1,142 Posts
so jealous, looks like it was a great time! hey it's going to be a warm fall, are the leaders up for scheduling another one next month...?

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
so jealous, looks like it was a great time! hey it's going to be a warm fall, are the leaders up for scheduling another one next month...?
The Turn out was great. I believe there were 60+ Cars? I won't be doing a huge one until next summer. Will be alot more organized in terms of group control. Although, we will be doing bear mountain runs all winter with very small group in with only email invites.
I will be Organizing a 1/4 mile Drag Meet and in a process of finding out the Rental rules. Might as well do a 1/4 mile Runs in winter when the cars run best in a straight line ;).

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.