·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NFS Movie

nfs1.jpg

R.I.P :(

Actually its a replica Agera R for the Need for Speed movie :D

Heres another picture of it, along with otes Agera replicas for the movie, seems like they are using a whole bunch of different looking Ageras.

nfs2.jpg nfs 3.jpg
NFS 5.jpg nfs 4.jpg

I would assume that their replicas are versions of Ageras that they actually can borrow for the movie, so we will probally see a bunch of real Ageras in the movie aswell.
The replicas seem to be based on BCs old Agera R, the factory Agera and Bård Ekers Agera R (world record car) that will most likely be feautured in the movie, however Bårds car will most likely have a carbon wrap on the hood just like the replicas have.

And this last one looks to be a real Agera, infact it looks like the factory Agera, however with the dynamic spoiler, 2013 winglets and a carbon wrap to cover the stripes of the car. And to be honest, it looks absolutley STUNNING in this livery!!!

NFS6.jpg

Seems a bit overkill to feature 4 different Ageras in one movie, but i shouldn't complan :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Weird, i saw a clip with the real Agera from that movie and it had a regular wing? And the carbon wap was off?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Noticed that it has a R logo aswell and the 2013 exhaust. It is the factory car (#77) for sure though. Looks really weird with 3 Ageras having a race... and it seems like the red agera "rams" the white agera and it ends up crashing.

I predict this movie to be absolutley crap, (Red Line anyone?) but it's cool that Koenigsegg gets such a big role in the movie (at least it looks like it).

·
Registered
479 Posts
Weird if Koenigsegg lends their factory test car to a photo shoot in US? No tests for like a month back here in Sweden?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i guess so... guess its worth it though, alot of PR. I would assume the car will only be used in close up shots, showing off details etc. Looking at the trailer though.. it looks like the movie will be absolutley crap, kinda espected :p
Definatly gives me Red Line vibes (worst movie ever made?). An Enzo, a Carrera GT and a Diablo was wrecked in the making of it :(
In this movie at least they wreck replicas, a P1, a Sesto Elemento and an Agera R will crash by the looks of it.

·
Registered
479 Posts
i guess so... guess its worth it though, alot of PR. I would assume the car will only be used in close up shots, showing off details etc. Looking at the trailer though.. it looks like the movie will be absolutley crap, kinda espected :p
Definatly gives me Red Line vibes (worst movie ever made?). An Enzo, a Carrera GT and a Diablo was wrecked in the making of it :(
In this movie at least they wreck replicas, a P1, a Sesto Elemento and an Agera R will crash by the looks of it.
Dont know if i would call the Enzo wrecked but it sure got some damage! That was not during the filming tough but after during a PR event.. And an accident, not intentionally like the others.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I wonder if Koenigsegg actually made the body's for them in say, fiberglass. It would be cheapest and most accurate instead of the movie guys trying to product a realistic replica, making molds etc. Kind of funny to see an Agera with conventional opening doors

·
Registered
220 Posts
I wonder if Koenigsegg actually made the body's for them in say, fiberglass. It would be cheapest and most accurate instead of the movie guys trying to product a realistic replica, making molds etc. Kind of funny to see an Agera with conventional opening doors
I doubt it, I bet Koenigsegg just sent a file with the 3D Cad version of the Agera to a mold maker or someone like that. Some of the body parts on the replicas are waaaayy of though.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts

I would love to see hte inside scoop on who built these cars. It would be a pretty cool job!. How ever the mirrors are the wrong shape, the fender vents are the wrong shape and stuck ontop, the headlights aren't correct, the seam on the front bumper below the headlights is missing etc.

I would also like to see the contract with Koenigsegg about how accurate the representation must be.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
agera.jpg

Picture of the factory car (#77) with the 2013 R updates, no dynamic spoiler on the car though like the other picture i posted.
Apparently the shot was taken in Atlanta.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
My first thought upon seeing this thread was that BC brainwashed the current owner to trash the car because it's a "POS".

Reactions: VR1
1 - 19 of 19 Posts