Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Breitling fans have been waiting for this one, and it is now here: the new Breitling Emergency II. It has some new features including a rechargeable battery, a dual frequency transmitter, and an integrated antenna system. The original Breitling Emergency first debuted in 1995 and operated on the 121.5 MHz international air distress frequency. The Emergency II is the big release from Breitling this year, though they do have some other pieces you’ll want to see, including a gorgeous Transocean Chronograph Perpetual Calendar (I’ll get to that soon).

As the first ever wristworn dual frequency PLB, the new Emergency II establishes itself as a safety and survival instrument in all distress situations on land, at sea and in the air. It’s all nicely explained in the video below.

Case size is 51mm and made of Titanium

·
Registered
105 Posts
I want this

·
Registered
521 Posts
awesome watch.. but i doubt that feature would ever be used under my ownership.. i guess nobody would really want to use it to begin with

·
Registered
692 Posts
I'm SO HAPPY they decided to bring them out again!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Great video, always wondered how it worked. Only real use I could see my self using it in, would be if I got stuck snowboarding somewhere.

Is it true you have to pay the rescuer or whomever if you set it off?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
The Breitling store in Caesars in Vegas told me to expect to pay between 10-12k for this watch when I stopped in this past weekend. That's a big price jump from the old Emergency model,bummer.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I read that if you use the emergency piece in a valid situation Breitling replaces the watch because the antenna can't be put back in place.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts