Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
Exclusivity is key... Look at Ed hardy and Affliction... You can buy it at all of the discount chains... Doesn't speak well for sustainable high margins.
Christian's personal line (Christian Audigier) is different in a way to the Ed hardy line. It is more exclusive and more expensive and less douchy! :laugh:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Exclusivity is key... Look at Ed hardy and Affliction... You can buy it at all of the discount chains... Doesn't speak well for sustainable high margins.
This is the truth to a long term clothing company... But not everyone wants long term.

Johnny Cupcakes is a long haul brand - only sold though his own stores and his own website. 3.2 mil a year.

Affliction is a short life brand - everywhere you look and then some - they sold over 6 mil the first year and spent more then 3 mil in fighter sponsorships in 2010 alone.

Affliction had more 59.8k visitor to its website on 10/19/10 so I would think they still had a good christmas. In comparison Johnny Cupcakes had a big day on 1/26/11 with 99 visitors.

Johnny will be living with his company for many, many years, where Tom, Todd, Eric, and Clif can bailout of affliction with a good dollar right now (Clif is almost out already after his issues with Kim Couture)

·
Registered
105 Posts
It was bound to happen. Companies like this (Affliction, Ed Hardy, etc) are very in-the-moment and are not sustainable brands.
but they hit and hit hard , but dont know when to either back up and let the customers come to them , ive ben out to bape in ny a could times . to much for just the fad imo

·
Registered
105 Posts
This is the truth to a long term clothing company... But not everyone wants long term.

Johnny Cupcakes is a long haul brand - only sold though his own stores and his own website. 3.2 mil a year.

Affliction is a short life brand - everywhere you look and then some - they sold over 6 mil the first year and spent more then 3 mil in fighter sponsorships in 2010 alone.

Affliction had more 59.8k visitor to its website on 10/19/10 so I would think they still had a good christmas. In comparison Johnny Cupcakes had a big day on 1/26/11 with 99 visitors.

Johnny will be living with his company for many, many years, where Tom, Todd, Eric, and Clif can bailout of affliction with a good dollar right now (Clif is almost out already after his issues with Kim Couture)
ive met johnny and did some vinyl work for them when they came to texas for there suitcase tour , very cool guy , i think hes heading in the right direction , to much mainstream with out the backing of the customer will be short lived

·
Registered
901 Posts
The Cult following that led to Bape faded because Nigo never reinvented the brand. for 10 sum odd years the same styles, color ways etcetera kept getting produced. The market especially in Japan became saturated with the same boring stuff so it lost its cult following... in my opinion

·
Registered
297 Posts
I love Bape but nearly impossible to get in Hawaii unless you're willing to get boned by buying from companies like Stay246 or CliffEdge so I just wait till I can go to Japan or NYC

·
Registered
391 Posts
Nero spent $10 million on his jewelry alone. To sell the company that allowed you to afford that for only $3 mil, well that's a kick In the teeth

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
I was a huge BAPE collector from 1999 - 2004 I have about 140 pairs of BAPE sneakers that don't even see the light of day anymore. I never wear them and focus more on my Nike SB, Air max95 and AF1 collections.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts