Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I friend of mine installed them in his home. After only a couple of small dinner parties where women wore high heels the floors were covered in indentations. I want to say he ripped them out and replaced them with a hard wood.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Stay away I used it in one of my rentals and it got so bad I had to replace it with white oak

·
Registered
308 Posts
We are installing sand-on-site Cumaru flooring. Has a nice grain pattern, extremely hard (that's what she said), and the wood varies quite a bit from piece to piece. I'd check that out.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Exactly what everyone else said. Way too soft for flooring.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yep def too soft.. Father had a pool table on the flooring you can only imagine what happened over time. It also stretches a little more than reg hardwood I believe. Needed some repairs from some minor bunching after seasonal changes

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I dropped a pistol case on my kitchen bamboo floor last week and it left 2 giant dents that now get quickly filled with dirt. Never again will I do bamboo.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
We have bamboo throughout our first floor, and so far so good. Had a party, only some minor scratches from furniture that was dragged around and the antiqued finish really hides a lot, a little old english, and the scratches just blend in.

Home Legend Hand Scraped Strand Woven Antiqued 3/8 in. Thick x 5-1/8 in. Wide x 36 in. Length Click Lock Bamboo Flooring-HL215H at The Home Depot

We are still doing construction, so, disregard the missing bits and pieces LOL

And it stands up well to this guy.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've never heard about bamboo flooring. Its a nice oppurtunity for me to visit your stuff related to bamboo flooring. I've shared your content with so many guys. They also appreciated it.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I have a bamboo mat underneath my office desk and chair, covering the carpet. It gets damaged way too easily, to the point where I might replace it with plastic.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hope you haven't installed your bamboo flooring yet. I installed it at home before but disappointed. Dent from our dining chair and table destroyed the floor. I suggest mahogany for durability.
Yep I did a bunch more research and found out all bamboo flooring is not created equal.

I went with a fossilized bamboo that is off the charts harder than any hardwood there is. It's been holding up perfectly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts