Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ballon/Balloon White...

I always had the impression that the color was called "Balloon White", my sticker+dealer said the same. When I sold my LP640, I saw the PPG sticker and it said "Ballon White". Almost every US-dealer + some of their PGG stickers says "Balloon White"

Are there two different colors - what is the RIGHT name?

Thanks

·
Registered
826 Posts
It's Balloon white :)
Strange they didn't give it an italian name, like Rosso Diablo (on mine), Verde Ithaca, Giallo Midas, Bianco Isis...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've always referred to it as Balloon. The car I am near the most is Ballon/Balloon and the owner refers to it as Balloon.

That's odd. . . Typo on your sticker?

Nick
I though so too - but I think the official name is "Ballon White" due to these PPG stickers... (The last one - hand written - is from a TT Gallardo)

Maybe a dealer can clear this ??? :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Like I said in the other thread, Ballon is Italian for ball. Pronounced (at least in my parent's dialect) bah-lohn (thats the best I can do, sorry). Of course, I'm still just speculating. I don't own a Lambo or work for Lambo. I just have Italian parents.

·
Registered
513 Posts
That was definetly a typo error. :) Its Balloon White.

Some colors aren't given Italian origina names, our Diablo's color is Fly Yellow.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That was definetly a typo error. :) Its Balloon White.

Some colors aren't given Italian origina names, our Diablo's color is Fly Yellow.
No, it's Ballon White.
- 3 PPG-stickers from different MY G's won't lie...

(The only "Balloon White" PPG is hand-written!)

·
Registered
6,214 Posts
why dont you contact the dealership and ask, have them contact Lamborghini. or better yet write a letter to lamborghini and find out. then report back.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts