Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This photo says it all, owner of this 2005 Silver Carrera GT was not too keen on the clear bra currently on the car. Issues with the film:

1. excessive gaps
2. open areas not fully protected
3. uneven edges
4. heavy orange peel texture on the film

We will be removing the pre-existing paint protection film and have the entire vehicle fully protected with our Signature Custom Application. Edges will be nicely tucked away and out of sight with maximum protection.

More photos to come soon!

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some more photos of the bad installation:

Heavy orange peel texture and massive stretch marks (from overstretching of the film) created much of the unclearness of this clear bra.

These mirrors were only done partial.

Front bumper is wrapped in 4 total pieces, which makes the paint protection film on the car look like a jigsaw puzzle

Exposed paint

Now it is time to remove the film.

All Off! We will spare the details, but we also found razor cuts left behind from whoever did the previous installation. We had to spend an extra 2 hours polishing them down before the film is to be applied

·
Registered
545 Posts
IF you were in Texas I know a place that does a Awesome Job!

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For those in need of replacing or removing pre-existing paint protection film or clear bra, expect that there may be some leftover adhesive residue. The product we use to remove this residue is Prestige's Adhesive Remover. We have tried countless adhesive removers and this product works the best in dissolving the remnants.

Consumers needing this, you can contact us regarding this. If you are an installer, please contact Prestige Film Technologies directly - 408-657-3880

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not surprisingly, the previous installer left out a very important area to be protected - the area directly behind the front tires! We stopped counting after the 20th rock chip on each side. We still wrapped and protected this area so that it will not get any worse from its current condition

The curvature of the Carrera GT makes the clear bra install tough, but manageable for our techs

Full Hood - no more pesky line going across the hood.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Door panels removed to access the mirrors for removal

Since the roof of the CGT is removable and typically placed in trunk, it can potentially be scratched over time. This makes it an essential panel to full protect. Having to repaint any panels on the Carrera GT is expensive.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rear quarter panels getting installed:

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
You guys certainly do top notch work. Since looking at your product, I realize how many bad bra jobs are rolling around on the street.

·
Registered
904 Posts
When I see your work it always itches me to get our cars to you to wrap them and afterwards get them back - but this would be the most expensive wrap in the world unfortunately since I might have to organize flights for at least 5 cars from Europe to the US! :whistle:

·
Registered
53 Posts
It's so clear how passionate you are about this, you really get the sense that this is a labor of love. The craftsmanship and attention to detail really shines through.

All the great shops and techs this site has helped me find are on the West Coast ... sorely out of luck here.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When I see your work it always itches me to get our cars to you to wrap them and afterwards get them back - but this would be the most expensive wrap in the world unfortunately since I might have to organize flights for at least 5 cars from Europe to the US! :whistle:
You're right, it would be the most costly!! :)

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's so clear how passionate you are about this, you really get the sense that this is a labor of love. The craftsmanship and attention to detail really shines through.

All the great shops and techs this site has helped me find are on the West Coast ... sorely out of luck here.
Some of our customers purchase vehicles close to us for that very reason!! So they can be transported to us for the work, then shipped home.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Time to clean up these CF door panels and installed back to the car

Nice shot of the high gloss of ClearGuardX:

Cannot miss a shot of such a nice rear end of the CGT:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Oy. That original film looks like the job the dealer did on our Mini Cooper S when we bought it. I just thought that was the way it was supposed to look until I started reading Premier threads. ;) Well done - absolutely agree: this car deserved better!!

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oy. That original film looks like the job the dealer did on our Mini Cooper S when we bought it. I just thought that was the way it was supposed to look until I started reading Premier threads. ;) Well done - absolutely agree: this car deserved better!!
It's like wine. Until you have had fine wine, you would think that all wine tastes the same. It also helps to have a refined palate and an interest in something better. :)

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you have unwanted seams on the clear bra of your Carrera GT, give us a call at 510-623-1308 to schedule for a private consulation:

BEFORE

AFTER

1 - 20 of 22 Posts