1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
You weren't lying...that thing is sick!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Generic outsouced movement from BNB (rescued by Hublot) for $150,000. Pass. There are many tourbillons I would take over that one.

Craig

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Genereric outsouced movement from BNB (rescued by Hublot) for $150,000. Pass. There are many tourbillons I would take over that one.

Craig
And I was just about to pull the trigger on one. :D

·
Registered
521 Posts
Love the strap on that Panerai. Where did you get it if you dont mind me asking

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm very aware of it's origins. Half of the watches on here are borrowed movements. I didn't buy it I just thought it was worth looking at and sharing. I only buy in house movements anymore except for my BR01-97. Just thought the forum would enjoy the pics.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'm very aware of it's origins. Half of the watches on here are borrowed movements. I didn't buy it I just thought it was worth looking at and sharing. I only buy in house movements anymore except for my BR01-97. Just thought the forum would enjoy the pics.
Thanks for sharing the pics. While I too prefer in-house movements, I am not opposed to outsourced movements. My Panerai 172 has an outsourced movement.

The bigger issue I have with the Bell & Ross Tourbillon is that, IMHO, B&R is breaking with its DNA and brand identity in order to be something that it is not. B&R makes robust and distinctive pilot watches housed in a unique case design. They are not a high complication, technically advanced company. Your BR01-97 is a perfect example of B&R's brand identity -- it is entirely consistent with the DNA of the brand, and the outsourced movement works. Conversely, outsourcing a tourbillon movement for a pilot watch, then trying to pass off the end product as reflective of your own technical competence, is disingenuous and contrary to the brand identity.

Craig

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for sharing the pics. While I too prefer in-house movements, I am not opposed to outsourced movements. My Panerai 172 has an outsourced movement.

The bigger issue I have with the Bell & Ross Tourbillon is that, IMHO, B&R is breaking with its DNA and brand identity in order to be something that it is not. B&R makes robust and distinctive pilot watches housed in a unique case design. They are not a high complication, technically advanced company. Your BR01-97 is a perfect example of B&R's brand identity -- it is entirely consistent with the DNA of the brand, and the outsourced movement works. Conversely, outsourcing a tourbillon movement for a pilot watch, then trying to pass off the end product as reflective of your own technical competence, is disingenuous and contrary to the brand identity.

Craig
Well put and I couldn't agree more. If that watch wasn't at the top of the watch forum I wouldn't have even bothered posting it. I would so spend my money on another watch if I had the money. I'm not going to front, 30k is my cut of for a watch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts