Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about due to scratch my new watch itch which comes up every year or so, and am wanting to get something fairly nice (for me haha, currently have a Breitling Colt, Lum Tec, and a Hamilton). I have decided I really want the Bell & Ross BR02 steel fiber, which of course is discontinued. I called the local AD, no luck, and contacted Alan Furman which seems to be the most reputable gray market source. Despite it being listed on their site they don't have one. Some of the other gray market sites list them, but I want to avoid them and am 99% sure they don't actually have them and just want you to buy so they can swap in something else, or similar shenanigans.

So if anyone else knows of a lightly used one or is a dealer w/ one please let me know, I'd prefer new though to avoid any worries about fakes.

Also, if anyone has any other cool similar suggestions let me know as maybe I haven't seen everything, around $2500ish. I'd really like a Panerai but can't swing one right now.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Post on WUS & TRF. I'm sure the right independent dealer could track one down for you. AD's most likely won't. If I run across one, I'll shoot you a PM.

Also, Jomashop has a BR02 CF listed on Chrono24, but of all the dealings I've had, none have ever been through Jomashop. Reference the recent thread regarding them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
B&R 03-92 Titanium Carbonfiber Dial GMT. That watch is sweet.
That is one I'm looking at, but it is both quite a bit more cash and a big "flashier" being square. Thinking about it though for sure, not as many good pictures on though out there.

Don't know who has one for sale but I here's a pic to keep you going!!!

Haha, thanks...except that's only making the want worse. Insert one of those "take my money" meme pics here...don't you need to sell for an AP or something.:whistle:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Post on WUS & TRF. I'm sure the right independent dealer could track one down for you. AD's most likely won't. If I run across one, I'll shoot you a PM.

Also, Jomashop has a BR02 CF listed on Chrono24, but of all the dealings I've had, none have ever been through Jomashop. Reference the recent thread regarding them.
I've looked on WUS but haven't posted a WTB or anything and aren't a member there. Not sure what TRF is.

Jomashop, authenticwatches and Luxury of Watches are where I've seen some "for sale" that I'd bet are just old listings trying to get you to talk to them, and then the net's covered w/ scathing reviews. If you get the right watch and it doesn't break they're good, anything at all goes wrong and you're screwed it seems.

·
3,114 Posts
I've looked on WUS but haven't posted a WTB or anything and aren't a member there. Not sure what TRF is.

Jomashop, authenticwatches and Luxury of Watches are where I've seen some "for sale" that I'd bet are just old listings trying to get you to talk to them, and then the net's covered w/ scathing reviews. If you get the right watch and it doesn't break they're good, anything at all goes wrong and you're screwed it seems.
TRF is The Rolex Forum.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What's a good price on a used IWC Ingenieur AMG (or similar version). Any way to credibly verify one on ebay is authentic?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
So my budget upped by a bit... and I ended up w a planet ocean xl 8500 haha. Wears pretty small for how big it is. Went w strap and orange numbers black bezel.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts