Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Pretty interesting. 84 cars huh? I don't think even if I had unlimited funds I could even want that many cars at one time.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I read this article a while back. I don't know where they are getting those numbers from. I've met 4 people with Bugatti's and only 1 of them has 10 or so cars the others own maybe 5, oh and none of them own a yacht.

Also how many people even have 80 cars in their collection. Leno has 60 I think. Maybe if they said some Bugatti owners have 80 cars i'd believe it but I highly doubt its the average.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Agreed ^^ Alex I only know one person who owns a Bugatti, Yacht and a Jet. He said that he was one of the only Bugatti Veyron owners to own both a 300ft + yacht as well as a Veyron. And in any case, since when was 1 jet not enough??

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
The problem with averages is, is that it accounts for outliers. It would be much more interesting to know what the median Bugatti owner has.
So people like the Sultan of Brunei that have thousands of cars, or other Sheiks and princes, will skew that average quite a bit, especially as the sample size (300-400 owners) is little.
Same with the Yachts and Jets. plenty of those royals in the middle east that have a family's worth of possessions possibly under 1 name, thus 1 person technically owns several jets and yachts.

As far as "people talking out their ass" this was a quote from the CEO of Bugatti / VW group. hardly a discredited source.

Also Leno's car collection is well into the hundreds.

·
Registered
229 Posts
My post was aimed moreso at that statement being an exaggeration of the true Bugatti owner.
Sure there's the obvious ones where they own quite a collection of cars, then you have what seems to be the majority of what I've seen and the Veyron is one of just a few and nowhere close to that number of cars.

Let alone the part about a yacht, how big/expensive of a boat are we talking?
Then 3 jets, who in their right mind would need 3 jets? Even if your companies jets are in your name, 3, really?
I'm surprised he didn't throw a figure out on how many homes one would have

·
Registered
712 Posts
I'm with Alex on this one..

The fact that the average Bentley owner owns 8 cars seems unplausible as well.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
I'm with Alex on this one..

The fact that the average Bentley owner owns 8 cars seems unplausible as well.
Again, averages. all it takes is several collectors to have bentleys, and it throws the average off. The median Bentley owner probably has 4 or so cars.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I can tell you the average resident of Omaha, NE has a net worth of $1.81M. It's true. Omaha, Nebraska. 434,353 residents account for a collective net worth of $81,530,000,000.

Yes, technically, Warren Buffet is a resident of Omaha, Nebraska. Who happens to account for $62B of that $81B sum, with the other 434,352 residents comprising a remainder of $19B in total.

Statistics can be both true and quite absurd, simultaneously.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
very curious thoughts! I would have to agree with nolan on this one, I hadn't thought about at the time, but truth is, finding accurate statistics is a very complex process and you truly have to weigh the outliers and there contribution before making such statements, using median, is definitely a more accurate depiction of the "average owner".

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I wanna know where he keeps all his car keys ? Every car has 2 total of 168.....Where the hell would you put all of them ? :eek:hwell:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wanna know where he keeps all his car keys ? Every car has 2 total of 168.....Where the hell would you put all of them ? :eek:hwell:
I've always wondered this, even for those with less keys, I wonder if there would be a market for a key storage display case, perhaps with some type of locking capability?

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I've always wondered this, even for those with less keys, I wonder if there would be a market for a key storage display case, perhaps with some type of locking capability?
I have one car so the keys aren't a problem. But I think if I had like 6-8 it would kinda drive me nuts with all the keys. From what i've seen their doesn't seem to be any cool or fancy looking car key case/storage, unlike watches and sunglasses.

My other question would be if you have more then one same make car wouldn't you have to label them. All I could think of is a giant office board with hooks nothing fancy.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol I agree, when I was growing up my best friend had a glass case at there front door that they kept things in from there home land, and I always thought something like that would be neat, maybe even with some carbon fiber, and a biometric finger scanner for the big spenders.

The keys themselves can sometimes be an art in themselves and throwing them on a big peg board or in a bowl wont do them justice imo.
anybody want a key case? Ill have them made hahaha!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sounds like a serious ordeal!
Im sure it would be some peoples wet dream to land that gig! If i was a little younger id love it! hell I might consider it now depending on the hours required lmao ( as long as i could keep my full time job id be a happy man!)

·
Registered
2,736 Posts

I'd get a giant key ring and put them all on it, kinda like janitor keys. I'd use it to show off "How cute you have a wallet full of hundreds? I have 80 cars"

Reactions: gandish
1 - 20 of 21 Posts