Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an order in for the new Huracan, but every time I see the Aventador it makes me weak at the knees. So the question for the 4 is, if you had a choice, which would you buy?

Ben

·
Registered
10 Posts
For me i'm a smaller guy so would definitely prefer the Huracan, I would assume they would be a little more fun on the track also. I'm holding out for the roadster Huracan though

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I've never understood the concept of turning a supercar into a convertible or a 'roadster'. Calling an Aventador a roadster is like calling a 1995 Camaro Z-28 a roadster because it has T-tops. If I had money to spend like that on a supercar it would definitely be a hard top. Huracan it is.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I've never understood the concept of turning a supercar into a convertible or a 'roadster'. Calling an Aventador a roadster is like calling a 1995 Camaro Z-28 a roadster because it has T-tops. If I had money to spend like that on a supercar it would definitely be a hard top. Huracan it is.
At the end of the day, "roadster" is just a name. Call it an aventador with t-tops if you want. Some people just like the feeling of being able put the top back or take it off. Roadster, convertible, spyder, whatever, they all have the same goal.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I would go for the Roadster, no doubt in my mind ... I love driving without a roof above my head ... get an Aventador Roadster now and trade it in on a Huracán Spyder when it comes out in 2015 ... lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well as I already have an Aventador, I would trade one of my 458 spider by an LP610 easily. Are cars that you can not compare, though 90 hp less but dimensional issue and the engine has a lot to say. It is a crime to compare the two models, the entry with the top line.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Really tough choice! I'd go Huracan just because the Avy has been out a while now and the Huracan will be something new, but I mean you really can't go wrong with either!

·
Registered
3 Posts
if the comparison from a gallardo to murcielago is anything close to a huracan and aventador, Huracan all day. I'm not sure what type of improvements were made for the driver in the Aventador yet being as I haven't driven one, but the Murci is terrible. The Gallardo is a breeze to drive.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Interesting feedback. Part of me wants the Huracan because of all the new technology, the 4 wheel drive system, LDS, etc etc, and because its the newest cool exotic on the road. And the price by comparison is way more easy to swallow. But then the Aventador is the Aventador. I'm 6'5, 250lb, so the roadster gives me the extra room with the top off to really enjoy the car without feeling cramped. The stealership says they only get 7 aventador roadsters per year, so my guess is the likelihood I ever see one would be slim. It has to be Verde Ithaca, of course. I'm one of the very early deliveries of Huracan though, so I can't decide if I want to give up my order allotment or not.

First world problems........

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Interesting feedback. Part of me wants the Huracan because of all the new technology, the 4 wheel drive system, LDS, etc etc, and because its the newest cool exotic on the road. And the price by comparison is way more easy to swallow. But then the Aventador is the Aventador. I'm 6'5, 250lb, so the roadster gives me the extra room with the top off to really enjoy the car without feeling cramped. The stealership says they only get 7 aventador roadsters per year, so my guess is the likelihood I ever see one would be slim. It has to be Verde Ithaca, of course. I'm one of the very early deliveries of Huracan though, so I can't decide if I want to give up my order allotment or not.

First world problems........
For anyone over 6'0" this is a very valid argument. I'm 5'8" 215 pounds and drove a Countach years ago. I barely got in the car and I COULDN'T GET OUT! It was like sitting on one of those 1950's woven lawn chairs. Get the Aventador. But if you think it's too chancy stick with your reservation for the Huracan.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Alternatively, you could get the Huracan and then if an Aventador built to your liking comes around, you could then sell the Huracan. I doubt you'd have much trouble selling it. I'm sure it will be in high demand for quite a while.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts