Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Automotive Pet Peeves

Alright, so here is a list of things that just tick me off when it comes to driving.
I guess it's just a case of the Mondays.

1. Seal coating - Seal coating is the cheap a$$ method of re-sealing roads. Here's the process involved:
•Start with a large crew of construction workers (see #2)
•Be sure to not to re-route traffic with 'Detour' signs
•Add tar onto road
•Shower tar with tiny, paint chip inducing pebbles
•Let pebbles press into tar as traffic travels on surface
•Large crew of construction workers come back 3 weeks later to sweep away excess pebbles
•Wait 3 years until process repeats

As you can see, saving a bit of money on this cheap method is much more cost effective than spending twice the amount of money on asphalt, which lasts a mere 10 years, or concrete for 4 times that price that lasts at least 20 years.

2. Construction workers that stand around - How often do you drive by a construction zone and see workers standing around? If your answer is 'too often' you would be exactly right. What do these guys do all the time on my dime? It's no wonder these workers are willing to go on strike so often; they practically do it on the job site every day!

3. Sprinklers that spray into the street - I didn't know that asphalt (or seal coat) needed to be watered. Thanks for the water spots.

4. Sprinklers that run when it rains - Brought to you by the makers of #3.

5. Slow drivers - Nuff said.

6. People that cross the yellow line - I guess they were going straight so long they forgot how to turn the wheel.

7. People that swing wide to turn - You know you've seen this one. The person in front of you (who does or doesn't have a blinker on (see #8)) prepares to turn to the left by turning a little bit to the right.

8. Blinkerless - Driver in front of you is going straight. Without warning now he's going right!
It's a good thing I wasn't a #9.

9. Tailgaters - Haters gunna hate, tailgaters gunna gate.

10. Gawkers - You know the gawkers; they always need to slow down and have a peek at the scene of the accident. Everything is fine, no one is hurt, the debris is clear…but the gawker just has to have a look anyways. The gawker is the indirect the cause of the traffic jam.

11. "Speed was a factor" - Okay; this one is not directly related to driving but it ticks me off when news reports a crash and says that "speed was a factor". Speed is always a factor in an accident; you could be in a parking lot fender bender and guess what? Speed was a factor.

What are some automotive pet peeves of your own?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Great list, I agree 100%!

-Dumb people
-Back seat drivers
-Rubberneckers
-People who are ignorant to the surrounding situation

·
Registered
220 Posts
Those are all good ones!

How about when a lane is closed/street/onramp is closed and there are no signs telling you where to go as an alternate route. and everyone panics and slams on there brakes and cause traffic

I just experienced this last weekend in CO. :(

·
Registered
177 Posts
People who don't turn right on red lights, and people that don't drive the speed limit.
Also your #7 might be the thing I hate most.

·
Registered
203 Posts
hand/finger prints left on the passenger door above the handle and just below the window when the person closed the door.

The color of my car is obvious and probably the only color that has this issue.

·
Registered
557 Posts
In no particular order:

Passenger drivers- if you dont have a steering wheel in front of you, then please STFU!:mad:

People who stop as soon as the light turns yellow- Yellow is the new red i guess:doh:

Driving with the high beams on- Stop being a jackass and turn off the bright lights:wtf:

Tailgating- The closer you get the slower i go....simple:dance2:

People staring at you at the light- No i dont you so stop looking:nono:

·
Banned
3,200 Posts
This thread needed to be made a loooong ago.

The people that sit at red lights, waiting to turn right when they can, reaaaallly tick me off.

People that dont know where they are going - get a smartphone with directions or a navi - real simple.

Being in the car with someone that tailgates - I hate speaking out as a passenger but damn. If the car ahead of us hits the brakes, we're done for!

And last, this has been growing on me, people texting or talking on the phone. Right now, you're driving, lets concentrate on that since most people cant even do it well when nothing else is going on.

Grrrrr. Feels great to let off the steam - to many idiots on the road nowadays.

·
Registered
144 Posts
People who don't know how merging works. It's one, then one, then one, etc....

There are always those jack holes who think they don't need to let you merge and will come out ahead by being one car in front!! Deal with it daily here.

Houston has the shittiest drivers. It rains just a little and they forget how to drive! Rant over...ahhh

·
5,744 Posts
In SoCal, it's the dreaded slow poke in the fast lane. No one in the other lanes to impede their progress, but they still are oblivious in the fast lane, in their own world.

My blood pressure just spiked typing that.

-Markus-

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Landscaping guys pointing their blowers to the street and into traffic.

People who don't wave when you let them in, especially when I'm left with little choice other to let them in b/c of their douchey driving.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Oh yeah, and people who don't understand the concept of "Keep Moving" signs. Sign says it all, do it!!

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
- people who think that b/c you drive an aggressive looking porsche, you want to race at every single stop light.

- slow drivers in fast lanes

- people that don't stop at stop signs (including rolling stops)

- people that know they need to turn ahead but *must* get into a clear lane & speed past everyone from a red

- people that don't get out of the way of ambulances

- chuck

·
Registered
620 Posts
People that wait till that last minute to merge.

People that think putting some crappy exhaust on their ancient Honda civic makes their car the baddest car on the street.

People that take FOREVER to go when the light is green.

People that leave the price sticker on their car for a week to show off how much they spent.

People that freak out and start doing 5mph when it starts to drizzle.

People that ride your ass and want you to go faster but as soon as they get in front of you they slow down.

People that try to crowd you out.

Semi drivers that get in the fast lane just so they can pass another semi and it ends up taking them 5 minutes to pass the damn thing.

·
Registered
664 Posts
at the red light someone is waiting to make a left turn, when the light turns green that someone sits in that same spot, not pulling out into the intersection to let cars behind them through, waiting for the cars infront to pass :Kill1:

and when u honk at them they get mad, like "hey there are cars infront and i cant make a turn!"

·
Registered
6,205 Posts
When the light's red and you want to turn left, but the car in-front of you won't even move forward that little bit to let you through.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Idiots that make a car train behind you on the interstate. No matter how many times you lose them, most will catch up when you are caught in traffic.

People who can't understand the simple concept of 'Slower traffic keep right'.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts