1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across this over at Speedhunters

·
14,490 Posts
Holy crap that was nuts. Both people are ok though right?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Crazy incident. Sucks that they went for the cars before the drivers with the bottles though.
The drivers got out under their own power (under 30 sec w/ firesuit), they need to get foam on the ethanol that's pouring all over the track first. If not, well, I think you can imagine what would happen. A lot of first responders do not have all of the necessary gear to get close to the driver when the fire is in full force. The safety crew did a very good job here IMO.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I LOVE V8 Supercars! I am biased though. Crazy race action. Wish we could watch unedited V8 Supercars in the US, and I would really love to see some V8 Ute Supercars! Check Youtube, some awesome racing.
Glad everyone was OK from the crash.

·
Registered
560 Posts
The drivers got out under their own power (under 30 sec w/ firesuit), they need to get foam on the ethanol that's pouring all over the track first. If not, well, I think you can imagine what would happen. A lot of first responders do not have all of the necessary gear to get close to the driver when the fire is in full force. The safety crew did a very good job here IMO.
disagree.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Agree to disagree.....:whistle:

Check out the Super Trofeo crash at BRNO, now thats unacceptable. But everyone is entitled to their opinion......

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
saw that crash crazy stuff

·
Registered
332 Posts
IMHO, Australian V8 Supercars are what NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide cars should be based on. A production chassis what is visually distinct from make to make.

And as far as the racing goes; rubbin' is racin' when there are fenders and bumpers. Open wheel not the same for safety reasons. I really enjoy watching them race.

Glad Speed airs the races here in USA. HD Theatre has WRC. So who will get DTM races in US? Versus or ?????

·
Registered
327 Posts
i cant understand why Australia wont get its act together and start airing races to more countries and even doing races there aswell. Yes we do race in Dubai and now apparently India but why not America and Europe they both love our cars and races i shake my head at this and the fact we cant get our act together with sending our cars to other countries, we make them by the bucket load why cant we put some on a boat and ship them over, we already have chev badges for them why cant we put it on the Maloo and call it an El camino or the sedan a Chevelle? They put to much money in making new Pontiac badges and front end instead of just puting a chev badge on it which we already having and sending it off.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I watched this on DVR the other day, and the in car camera from the car that hit the stalled car is UNREAL! It startled me so bad I kicked over my coffee table, and I know what was about to happen.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts