Luxury4Play.com banner

221 - 240 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
So what's everyone been up to?

Anyone with their footy team in a final?

Going for St Kilda and hoping the titans get thru!

·
Registered
180 Posts
So what's everyone been up to?

Anyone with their footy team in a final?

Going for St Kilda and hoping the titans get thru!
Well being a West Aussie, sadly the Dockers didn't make it :( We were going down hill literally from the first bounce!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Today has been a sad day. After nearly 9 years of driving, I finally get my first speeding fine! 70 in a 60 zone.
1 demerit point and a waste of 133 hard earned dollars. :(

·
Registered
37 Posts
It took you 9 years!!!!!
Come down here to happy victoria.....I can get one just by looking at the accelerator. It's turned into such a sport that we no longer watch where we're going and just stare at the speedo all day long.

·
Registered
160 Posts
i really dont envy people driving in this country hahaha for 10 over, the cops wouldnt even look up from their newspaper and jelly donut in canada/north america. here i had a buddy get a ticket the other day for 4 over. the average person WALKS faster than that! more accidents are going to be caused by people watching there speed than by those speeding. gov is definitely just using drivers as there personal ATM machine.

nevertheless, even with these strict rules, congratulations on making it 9 years thats pretty fvcking good.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Thanks mate. It was a pretty lucky 9 yrs I will admit! PLENTY of close calls.
I have to agree with you on more accidents caused by watching your speedo!

QLD isn't too bad with speed camera's yet, but everyday I see more and more. I saw one
Parked up on an actual footpath last week. Surely that has to be illegal?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Thanks mate. It was a pretty lucky 9 yrs I will admit! PLENTY of close calls.
I have to agree with you on more accidents caused by watching your speedo!

QLD isn't too bad with speed camera's yet, but everyday I see more and more. I saw one
Parked up on an actual footpath last week. Surely that has to be illegal?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Here's the thing federal law states that all vehicles must be within 10% of the speed its speedo says eg: (90km min 81 max 99) or (100 min 90 max 110) but the cops can book you if you're 3km over...... YEP makes sense!!

I've seen a cop in melbourne standing behind a tree with the radar poked through the fork of the tree and then he jumped out from behind the tree and waived the guy two cars in front of me over to book him... but its the police PRESENCE that is supposed to slow down speeding drivers.

As you can probably gather i've had a few speeding fines!!!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
had the exact same argument with someone the other day, they harp on with all this 'wipe off 5' crap, then hide behind a bloody tree or bush or bridge etc. If you want us to wipe off 5, park your bloody police car in a high vis spot (preferrably a recognised high risk one) and turn the flashers on....end result, we all slow down on a dangerous section of road, task achieved........only one problem, no money raised for the govt.....but it's got nothing to do with revenue raising my arse!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Watching Titans V Roosters tonight!!! Go Titans!
Who do you reckon is gonna be in the NRL grand final?
And who is gonna win the AFL grand final Saints or Pies??
My tips are Titans V Tigers and Saints to win AFL

·
Registered
146 Posts
Well my house looks like a bomb hit it, drink stains on the lounge room roof, back yard full of beer bottles and we're coming back again to do it all next week.... and i wouldn't have it any other way.

What a great game.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Yeah was a great game. Who were you going for?
I'll be happy just as long as collingwood loses!
And I want st george to win in the NRL

221 - 240 of 288 Posts