Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Not an audiophile, but I have taken the time to become educated. I know Beats and Skullcandies are shit and Bose is good but you pay a premium for the name. I've owned Sennheisers and Grado headphones. I didn't like how the Grados leaked sound so I sold them.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Not an audiophile, but I have taken the time to become educated. I know Beats and Skullcandies are shit and Bose is good but you pay a premium for the name. I've owned Sennheisers and Grado headphones. I didn't like how the Grados leaked sound so I sold them.
I was with you...until you said Bose.

·
Registered
423 Posts
No highs, no lows, must be bose.

I like the Bose Triport headphones. That's the only thing I've liked from them. Oh, the surround bar I listened to in best buy was impressive, but not jaw dropping. I'm not an audiophile particularly, but I do love my harmon kardon speakers in the benz. I replaced the head unit and subs for a cleaner sound. :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Not really an audiophile, but I do appreciate decent sound.

I live in a condo so I can't blast loud music so I prefer headphones.

I have a set of Sennheiser HD650 headphones, a Cambridge Audio DAC Magic 100 and a Woo Audio WA-6 headphone amp. Overall good setup that doesn't break the bank.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have a pair of Shure SE-215's, absolutely love them. They are currently $99 on Amazon, nothing else in that price range can touch them (imo).

Also have a pair of Monster Turbine Copper Pro, got them on a deal from my old work. They are very good (better than the 215's) but are in no way worth the $430 they retail for. I use these when I'm out and about as their warranty covers them for life. A few months back a dropped them in a puddle. I dried them off, called up the warranty centre, sent them in and they replaced them without asking any questions.

I'm looking to get Westone 4R or Shure SE-535's sometime this year hopefully.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I almost bought ATH-M50's (fun, bassy headphones) but opted for the tried and true Senns. No regrets.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Kind of. Not got enough cash to spend on hifi though.

Foobar2k FLAC
Yamaha AS-700
Acoustic Energy Neo V3's.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
You guys fans of headphone amps and DACs? Thinking about getting this for my HD 25's.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts