Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Some really nice work here. Can I just ask, what do you make your enclosures out of? is that just MDF?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Some really nice work here. Can I just ask, what do you make your enclosures out of? is that just MDF?
I usually use 3/4" mdf for the enclosures and 1/2" mdf for trim panels. To save a little on weight you can use birch plywood sheets. But they cost more.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Do the stealth builds compromise the bass at all?
nope not at all. Most of the builds I do are SQ stealth build. Customers are always pleased with the output. 90% of my customers are not into SPL, So they are not looking for earth shattering output from the start. Just nice, tight, and accurate bass that blends with the entire system.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Been awhile since i posted some builds. here is another nice one I did a month ago.
- 2001 Porsche 911 turbo

Head unit - Alpine X008U 8" Navigation unit
Amplifiers - Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 Mosconi Gladen One 120.4 ( 2 of them)
Processor- Mosconi 6to8 DSP with mini controller
Components - Ground Zero Plutonium 6.5" mid bass
Ground Zero Plutonium 3" mid range
Ground Zero Plutonium 1.1" tweeters
Subwoofer - Ground Zero Hydrogen 12" subwoofer
Backup camera- Rydeen Mobile HD mini camera

·
Registered
479 Posts
very nice, I wish I had the time and shop space to tinker away with more stuff like this.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Update on the Porsche in the past few months. I had my paint guy do a custom matte pearl white paint job with satin clear on the car. we added the carbon fiber wing and deck in the rear. The front bumper is a RUF straight from Germany to finish off the new look. Roll bar is being built at the moment and will also be powder coated white. That means the old sub enclosure will have to be redone. It will have two 8" subs instead of the current 12". Here are a few shots of the car after paint.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Hey guys been awhile. Customer needed a remote start, alarm system and gps tracking for starters. We also added the K40 stealth radar system to avoid tickets. Since the the car will have a custom roll cage I needed to redesign the subwoofer enclosure. We decided to go with two 8" Hybrid Audio subs in a new custom enclosure.

Attachments

21 - 30 of 30 Posts