Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spoke to my dad today who's brother works in the maintenance department of an Audi dealership and said that Audi will be issuing a recall on something to do with the water pump. No idea what year or models will be effected but he said that we would probably need to take it in for the recall. I have a '10 A5 and my dad has a '08 Q5. He also said it was bad enough that if the light comes on to not drive it at all and possibly get it towed to the dealership.

He said they would issue it sometime this week.

Anyone have any other ideas about this? Sorry I couldn't get any more details.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
from what it looks like in that thread it takes like a week to replace, not to bad as long as i get a rental. preferably an R8 hahaha

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
seems like it's the supercharged v6 used in the s4/s5 convertible that is having the issues. the v8's from the '09 and before don't.

·
Registered
449 Posts
2010+ S4 for sure, and I believe the Q5 is affected as well.

·
Registered
147 Posts
This is a problem in the new S4s and Q5s. Bad design with the plastic water pump. Gets replaced with metal one. Getting the part has been the problem. Once I have the part it's a real quick fix.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2010 Q5

The water pump on my 2010 Q5 went today with 6500mi. They fixed it in an afternoon. Had to be towed to the dealer. Service seemed to know all about the problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts