Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about a new car. I'm really wanting to go Audi because I do a lot of skiing and I want something AWD for the mountains, yet comfortable and quick. I love the power and style of the S6 and S7, but I'm not sure about the rear-seat head room of the 7. But, I also want something fun and sporty, so I'm keeping the RS 5 in mind. What does everyone think of those cars?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Seems like best option for you is the S6. Awesome car, I prefer it over the S7.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
4.0T>4.2. You have to rev out the RS5 much more to have usable power compared to the twin turbo 4.0L. The S6/S7 are both faster than the RS5 too. Throw a tune in and the RS5 is VERY slow in comparison. Add in the four doors and added convenience of the S6/S7 and that should answer your question.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
With the equipment thing and people thing taken into account, S6/S7 would win. So will it based on performance and comfort. No brainer here really.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'd go with S7 - it looks fantastic.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
The S6 is absolutely incredible. Thats the car that I would go with!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the input guys. I am leaning more toward the four door, but here's my only problem: I personally think that the S7 is much better looking than the S6, and I would prefer it. The only problem is that I have sat in the back of the S7 and at a towering 5'9'', I barely have any head room. Anyone else taller who thinks the back seat is comfortable?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Personally I think the S6 with full LED headlights is extremely menacing looking...but if you like the looks of the S7, why not get the RS7 when it comes out? :whistle:

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Thanks for all the input guys. I am leaning more toward the four door, but here's my only problem: I personally think that the S7 is much better looking than the S6, and I would prefer it. The only problem is that I have sat in the back of the S7 and at a towering 5'9'', I barely have any head room. Anyone else taller who thinks the back seat is comfortable?
I love the S7 too, but that head room thing is a killer for me unless you just put women and/or kids back there. Are you looking new or used? If you're willing to go used, I would go used CPO S8 for the long ski weekends. (I'm biased though!)

·
Registered
490 Posts
I would narrow it down to the S6/S7 like most here already said.

If you are concerned about back seat head room, I would lean towards the S6. They both have almost everything the same, besides the shape of the rear end of the car. I have two more years in my current Audi, once it's time for an upgrade, I'm thinking S6 myself.

Yes, the RS7 would be nice, but expect an easy 30-40k premium over a S7.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I'd go with the S7.

The RS5 has more power, but the S6/S7 has more torque. They both have about the same 0-60 time I believe.

Also, does anyone know why the S6 has an 8 speed transmission, while the S7 has a 7 speed?

·
Registered
827 Posts
let me offer my input..

I had a loaded A7 prestige w sport...I have an S6 & an RS5

I liked the A7...styling..size...and etc. I only got rid of it because I got bored really quick.

The s6/s7 motor and tuning options are amazing. I have the APR tune and USP intake..car is a monster..car looks great and feels great..a little sloppy for handling and etc...great DD...

The RS5 is a nice head turner..it reminds me of an m3 with a high revving engine...the power kicks in later...I don't think this is the car for you..I dont think it's worth 80k.

The S6/S7 are your choices now...the RS7 will be limited and I am sure they will be asking 100k or so for the car.

Get an S7..looks sportier than the S6..and has that wow factor cuz of styling

peace trick

·
Registered
490 Posts
I'd go with the S7.

The RS5 has more power, but the S6/S7 has more torque. They both have about the same 0-60 time I believe.

Also, does anyone know why the S6 has an 8 speed transmission, while the S7 has a 7 speed?
I just checked Audi's website....they both have the exact same transmission.

1st 3.69
2nd 2.15
3rd 1.41
4th 1.03
5th 0.79
6th 0.63
7th 0.52
Final Drive Ratio 4.09

·
Registered
58 Posts
S6 FTW. Great power and looks amazing. Plus with the added room you can't really go wrong.

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
The 7 is next to the BMW 5 GT the most hideous car ever made. The RS5 is a great looking car.
Just saying.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts