Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When visiting the Superstars World Series at the circuit of Zolder in Belgium I saw a race car I had never seen before, the Audi RS5 in race trim. Apparently this is the car that won the series. It competes against Mercedes C63 AMG's, BMW M3's, Porsche Panamera's, Maserati Quattroporte's, Jaguar Xf's, a Chevrolet Camaro and a Cadillac CTS-V.

I also made a video of this great sounding car:

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
It's funny you should post this. I was thinking back a few days ago about the Speed GT World Challenge series and the old RS6. There was an article about how while the RS6's all-wheel-drive drivetrain afforded the cars an early advantage (holestart?), it posed a difficulty for the race teams because whatever they tried with front bumper design couldn't overcome the fact that the positioning of the engine over the front axle meant the front-end punched a huge hole in the air. There were changes to regulations over the course of the series but I think the RS6 was a popular chassis last I followed it.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
thats awesome

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
It's funny you should post this. I was thinking back a few days ago about the Speed GT World Challenge series and the old RS6. There was an article about how while the RS6's all-wheel-drive drivetrain afforded the cars an early advantage (holestart?), it posed a difficulty for the race teams because whatever they tried with front bumper design couldn't overcome the fact that the positioning of the engine over the front axle meant the front-end punched a huge hole in the air. There were changes to regulations over the course of the series but I think the RS6 was a popular chassis last I followed it.
Those were always my favorite races. The RS6 rocketed off the line so far ahead of everyone else. The race always became 'could the other cars catch up before the Audi ran out of tire.'.

I must have watched every race with the same outcome, my god they were exciting! I couldn't find any YouTube videos showing it but they were cool.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts