Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Audi R8 with V12 TDI Swap!?!? w/PIX! Bullrun 2011

I don't have any engine bay pictures yet. But Phil Aya and Nick Steinman (Last year brought an M3 to the rally), Bought a V10 R8 and put everything they possibly could into it. 2 Police Scanners, a CB radio, 2 sets of blockers and jammers, two radar detectors, everything. But when they had 3 weeks to go, they had a serious problem. No one in Connecticut would install a fuel cell in the front of the Audi. They thought long and hard on what to do, do they try to install one themselves?
When randomly they had the though, Diesel. Instead of converting the engine to diesel, that would take too long. They bought a V12 TDI (not sure what from), and had a local shop install it in 8 days. They are currently on their way to Vegas testing everything out.

I will definitely post pictures when I get them. Crazy crazy crazy (awesome) build.

UPDATE!!!
Finally got some pictures!!!!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Sounds special... V12 TDi must come from the Q7 then... 500BHP and loads of torque :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Pics or it didnt happen!!

(that being said....Im sure it DID happen)

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
i'd love to know where they got a V12 TDI motor. since its only in the Q7, and they dont sell that particular model in the US. and its odd that a company would be able to make the swap in only 8 days. V10 TDI from the toureg, i can understand that.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Umm this is awesome. Are these the same guys that strapped some big black liquid cooled something to the front of a blacked out R8 for a previous run? No one could figure out what the device was for.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts