1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
351 Posts
it is common for mechanics to take cars home over night, I have heard of an aston martin dealer in ca doing this on several occasions.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I can't say that I'd be happy with the situation. As long as the car was't abused I would probably let it go and take my business elsewhere in the future along with steering friends and family away from that dealership. Certainly an argument for a hiding a gps tracker in the car with alerts before taking it in for service.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I would like to be notified, even then I would be weary over this. Although, I'm always weary when it comes to anything dealership.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Stealership is a stealership they are all the same....

Reactions: Redx

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Lol he needed the car to test the navigation failure, thats bullshit

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
how would you know if the car was abused?

I can't say that I'd be happy with the situation. As long as the car was't abused I would probably let it go and take my business elsewhere in the future along with steering friends and family away from that dealership. Certainly an argument for a hiding a gps tracker in the car with alerts before taking it in for service.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I thought it was gonna be an R8 that the mech took home, don't get me wrong a $70k A4 is still pricey and nice but nothing special. And I also agree that this happens more offended than people think. I would be super pi--ed, the dealer should have more than plenty of room for parking and no reason for the mech to take it home, if the mechanics really cared they would come into the shop over the weekend and work on the car.

Question. If the mechanic takes your car home because of "work", and their house catches on fire or some disaster happens and your car gets damaged/totaled would insurance cover it ? yours or theirs.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Question. If the mechanic takes your car home because of "work", and their house catches on fire or some disaster happens and your car gets damaged/totaled would insurance cover it ? yours or theirs.
There was a guy with a ZL1 few months back, whose Camaro got destroyed by a dealership mechanic. After case went viral, they got him a brand new ZL1.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
There was a guy with a ZL1 few months back, whose Camaro got destroyed by a dealership mechanic. After case went viral, they got him a brand new ZL1.
omg that case pissed me off. They kept just trying to repair it for free. They finally replaced it for an exactly similar one once it went viral.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts